Enable bubble chat?

Hey, how do I enable the bubble chat for my place? I looked through all the place settings and game settings, but I couldn’t find it…
Didn’t it used to be in the ‘Permission’ settings?

66 Likes

Not sure about where the website setting is, but there is also a setting in the chat scripts that you can use. Here are the instructions:

Play your game in studio and then copy the ClientChatModules folder from Chat. Stop playing and paste this back under Chat. Remove everything from this folder but the ChatSettings module.

This settings module has a good amount of ways to customize both the look and functionality of the chat. The setting you are interested in is:

--- Replace with true/false to force the chat type. Otherwise this will default to the setting on the website.
module.BubbleChatEnabled = PlayersService.BubbleChat
module.ClassicChatEnabled = PlayersService.ClassicChat

You can simply change the BubbleChatEnabled setting to true.

148 Likes

Can you make a video tutorial on this please?

10 Likes

Here’s a more detailed step-by-step:

1. Open Game in studio

2. Click Play Solo

3. Under the Explorer (open using View -> Explorer), find Chat and then copy “ClientChatModules”

4. Exit Play Solo

5. Paste “ClientChatModules” back into Chat in the Explorer

6. Delete all contents of ClientChatModules except ChatSettings

7. Open ChatSettings and replace lines 25 and 26 with this code

module.BubbleChatEnabled = PlayersService.BubbleChat
    module.ClassicChatEnabled = PlayersService.ClassicChat
67 Likes

You can also enable bubble chat without forking the chat script. Create a LocalScript (preferably in ReplicatedFirst so it runs first, once and on the client - a warning/error gets thrown when ran on the server but it doesn’t actually seem to hamper the functionality of the code):

local ChatService = game:GetService("Chat")
ChatService:RegisterChatCallback(Enum.ChatCallbackType.OnCreatingChatWindow, function()
	return {BubbleChatEnabled = true}
end)

I’m not sure what the bool for classic chat is, but I’d assume it’d be ClassicChatEnabled.

57 Likes

This needs to be updated to the new methods put in command line

31 Likes

I tried doing it this way to only enable Bubble Chat, but it doesn’t work.

The code I entered to command bar was:

game.Players:SetChatStyle(Enum.ChatStyle.Bubble)

When I checked it with print, it seems to work. However, when I clicked both the playtest button or join game button, it doesn’t work. What’s the way now?

10 Likes

There are literally three other posts hanging around in this thread that you could’ve read above or tried out before asking that kind of a question. Please make sure you actually read the thread or attempt alternate solutions presented.

SetChatStyle still seems to work for me, anyhow.

5 Likes

I have read each of them and no good result came out before I replied to this post. It seems to me that some of the solutions are outdated as they did not work. That’s another reason why I decided not to create a new thread about it. Please advise me on how you got SetChatStyle to work because it doesn’t for me.

13 Likes

@TheGamer101
When you mean “change the BubbleChatEnabled setting” do you mean “replace PlayersService.BubbleChat with true”?

5 Likes

Yes, you can just change this to true.

6 Likes

@TheGamer101
Can you also assist me in which setting I should alter to create a welcome message in WelcomeMessage?

2 Likes

Will I get banned for doing this?

2 Likes

Absolutely not, the chat allowed to be altered to fit your game or your liking.

5 Likes

You can’t get banned for changing just a chat. You only can get banned if it is against roblox’s ToS.

4 Likes

Only if you remove the filter.

5 Likes