Failed to load animation - sanitized ID

I have read the comment before posting, and reporting stuff is normal.

Roblox will NOT fix a bug with your specific assets. The entire platform is buggy, and it’s rare to find something that will actually be fixed.

People on this forum are trying to help you and you are seem to have an idea that they are required to provide any help to you when they aren’t, stop being so disrespectful to people trying to help you.

I’ve had this issue several times, it is a pain, you need to reupload the animations. It’s not going to be fixed by Roblox. They won’t even fix blatant documentation mistakes, they aren’t going to bother fixing this bug, this is 2023, not 2016, they don’t care.

2 Likes

it works ingame, trust me i had this

this started happening to me the last few days for a ton of animations I own/created myself under the correct name etc.

is there any fix yet… im having tihs exact same issue.

1 Like

Upload it to a group, that’s the only way it seems like, fixed it for me

2 Likes

roblox please fix this is happening to every animation

uploading to yourself will make it take a while but to group is instant for some odd reason they need to fix this indeed

Uh. Apparently this was fixed a few days ago, according to a Roblox staff. Scroll all the way down on this.

People were getting mad about this.

I think if you made the animation before the bug was fixed it wont work. But any you made after they said it was fixed, should work.

I made one after it was fixed and it loaded fine.
All the ones from during the bug didn’t show a play logo and gave me the same error.

Try saving the animation under a new name, maybe that’ll work if you really want to keep them.

Your feelings hurt?? Cause I told him to just read I can see you can’t read either

I think you should pause, read my post again.
I understand your dissapointed and everyone else experiencing this was disappointed too.

You will “Own your animation” when you reupload, as buddy said.

Roblox said they fixed the bug. Now its up to you to go through your animations and resave the ones that got affected.

From that point on you should be good.
No reason to get mad at people who are trying to help you.

3 Likes

Im starting to feel like people dont read aswell. If you look at the link i posted. Second commennt from the bottom you’ll see that a roblox staff said the problem had nothing to do with animations being moderated. People seem to be very misinformed about this topic

1 Like

Hello all, apologies for how frustrating this issue has been… we have also been having trouble narrowing it down to a single root cause. There are actually multiple potential problems going on here, some of which have already been fixed, so please take another look and let us know if you continue to see issues.

• The ‘sanitized id’ part of the message is new, but it is not a new error, we’re just taking an extra security step to validate the request was truly for an animation asset id.
  • There was a formatting problem with this message update, so it was truncating the id and reporting the wrong/non-existent asset id as a result. This has been fixed.
  • Around the same time, there were some separate issues around content loading that affected animations:
    • Uploads could sometimes get stuck in a long backlog queue to publish, creating the appearance of non-existent assets and/or moderation issues. This has been fixed.
    • There was another issue that was discovered that could cause assets to delay or fail to load. This was just recently addressed (see here)
  • Irrespective of the root issue, the message is not very informative or helpful to understand why the animation asset failed to load. We are working on improvements to that for your benefit (and ours, quite frankly). :slight_smile:
  • Lastly, in some cases there could just be a legitimate permissions issue with the animation, due to privacy issues. The content management team is very aware of these pain points (e.g. wanting to share animations with or across groups) and we plan to have improvements in the near future (as in 2024).

In the meantime, we will improve the error reporting to aid in debugging.

TL;DR - thank you for your patience with this one and please try again in case the recent content loading fixes have addressed the problem. If not, please reply here or to me directly and we will continue to investigate (caveat: many of us will be offline over the next few weeks, so we will respond in early January).

Thanks again.

7 Likes

33 days later, FOUND THE SOLUTION (at least worked for me)

just simply go to workspace and enable “ClientAnimatorThrottling” and it will WORK

1 Like

Doesn’t work still, still throwing out sanitized ID error.

This is still an ongoing issue, would love if this could be looked into further! For some odd reason the animation works whenever I’m play testing in studio but as soon as I’m in the live game itself, it’s broken and is throwing out the error.

3 Likes

Still experiencing issues. Any heads up?

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, very confusing.

1 Like

Hello, we have released an improvement to the error reporting when animations failed to load. It should provide additional context that will help you (and us) debug the specific issue. Please reply here with a case that still repros this error and the new message details and we can investigate further. If there are no active cases of this, we will close this thread but you are welcome to start another if the issue crops up again. Thank you!

I don’t have a ‘problem’ with this, but since you asked, I get these errors, for example this is the Roblox Sit animation: SitV2 - Roblox

failed to load 105 times in the last 7 days:
105 Client Failed to load animation with sanitized ID rbxassetid://2506281703: Animation failed to load, assetId: https://assetdelivery.roblox.com/v1/asset?id=2506281703

I didn’t include the placeId because I don’t need help with fixing this.

Thanks.