VERY URGENT Cannot play or edit animations

Hi, I’m unable to play animations in my game before they’re reviewed by moderation. I’m also unable to load them into the animation editor.
When they’re supposed to run in game it’ll say “Failed to load animation - sanitized ID:”
When I try to load it into the animation editor it’ll say “You do not have permission to use this” or something like that

The animations were uploaded by me and the game they’re supposed to be running on is also uploaded by me

37 Likes

I dont belive that they live moderate animations (or anything for that matter), try preloadng the animation or managing permissions manually in the create tab.

3 Likes

Yea I’m not sure what it is but they’ll start working after about 30 mins so I just assumed it was after they moderate them

3 Likes

Sometimes it’ll do that for me, other times not. I think it just gets backed up during prime time. :confused:

4 Likes

Yea same thing is happening to me currently, first time I’ve ever had this happen but it’s extremely annoying. Hoping this will be fixed soon

2 Likes

This may be related:

1 Like

same happened for me, completely halted my work, can this pls be fixed?

2 Likes

Same issue has been happening with me hopefully they fix this soon because it is not practical to wait over 30 minutes just to use an animation

3 Likes

if this is an intentional change, this is quite frankly ridiculous. It’s unreasonable to expect people to wait upwards of an hour just to test an animation inside studio.

4 Likes

5 hours have passed and only 60% of my uploaded animations work. Can this please be fixed quickly? Or if it’s intentional, then it is absolutely ridiculous.

1 Like

Idk If its Still Bugged But Its Due To Something Roblox Changed In There Newest Update We Kind Of Just Need To Wait For Them To Fix It

1 Like

An hour is if I am lucky it usually takes around 5-6 hours

3 Likes

My suggestion would be to allow the animations to be played while still having them subjected to moderation.

The current situation is demoralizing. I don’t want to wait 6 hours to test an animation and wait another 6 hours in case I need to fix it.

4 Likes

Wait so Will This Be Fixed Or Not

1 Like

im certain this has something to do with roblox trying to moderate animation assets like they do with almost every other user generated asset on the platform, HOWEVER for animations this proccess seems to take an EXTREMELY UNREASONABLY REDICULOUSLY long time. I’ve been working on something that should have been finished by now and im STILL hung up on it because im waiting for my animations to get approved, some of these animations are literally seconds in length and feature very little keyframes.
in what world is roblox expecting these sorts of wait times to be befitting of a supposed professional, “metaverse” development platform. this wouldnt even have passed as acceptable 9 years ago.

9 Likes

I just posted about this as well, someone told me that its most likely just under moderation and has to take a bit for it to work (They said it could range from a few hours to days).

1 Like

If you’re unable to play animations in Studio, in the meantime you can use AnimationClipProvider:RegisterAnimationClip() as a workaround to generate a temporary animation ID for use in Studio only until this issue is fixed.

This requires you to have an AnimationClip object already in your game (that is, a KeyframeSequence or CurveAnimation).

3 Likes

I have seen this: I was very confused on why it was like that but now that i see this, i know that its more than likely just roblox having a goofy moment.

how would i use AnimationClipProvider:RegisterAnimationClip(), i’m not very scripting savvy, the roblox api page for it doesnt use it in any sort of example which is usually how i figure out how things work and i really need to preview my animations

2 Likes

The method just takes an AnimationClip (aka a KeyframeSequence or CurveAnimation object) and returns a temporary ID that you can use in the Animation.AnimationId property.

You could do something like this, assuming you know how to play animations:

local animationClipProvider = game:GetService("AnimationClipProvider")
local keyframeSequence = workspace.Rig.AnimSaves["Untitled Animation Clip"]
local id = animationClipProvider:RegisterAnimationClip(keyframeSequence)

local animation = Instance.new("Animation")
animation.AnimationId = id

(This code expects a KeyframeSequence named “Untitled Animation Clip” to be located under Workspace.Rig.AnimSaves. Obviously you’d replace this with the actual location of yours.)

2 Likes