Fonts in Creator Marketplace + 81 New Fonts

any chance of getting more filters (such as weight or style) and a way of changing the preview text in the future?

it’d be nice to see how the text I plan on using will look in different fonts before actually adding them, and being able to filter out non-monspace fonts, for example

5 Likes

Is there no way to delete installed fonts, so they dont appear in the dropdown?

Also is it possible to see what fonts we have installed / where they are stored?

5 Likes

Next update:

Let us upload our own fonts.

I really need a ‘graduate’ font, or a ‘yearbook’ font, or a ‘Jersey M54’ font, BASICALLY A NICE BOLD SPORTS FONT.

3 Likes

1500 fonts of average size is going to be 142 megabytes, which is a lot of unnecessary space

2 Likes

and besides, browsing fonts in Studio isn’t a great experience as it is, I would NOT want 1500 fonts if the navigation was awful.

I personally have roughly 80 fonts on my computer, that’s it. (excluding different weights etc)

2 Likes

For those who desperately need fonts that are unavailable. You have two main options. Create a decal with the text in the font you want. Or if it is for a GUI/editable thing then there are plugins out there that rely on you creating and uploading all the characters as images or on a single sprite sheet. Custom Text Label Creator Plugin! here is one example which I use and it does the job for me.

1 Like

Is there any way to use the Robux character in Fonts that don’t support it? The “Inter” font for example shows a “G” instead, which works in other Roblox & Creator Marketplace fonts. It appears to support other emojis.

Inter (Id: 12187365364)

GothamSSm (rbxasset://fonts/families/GothamSSm.json)

6 Likes

It looks like Inter has several glyphs that are in the private use area, and these glyphs override the the Roblox ones. Right now you can work around this using rich text to change to a different font for the Robux icon. I’ll look into a fix for this though.

Inter, all codepoints from U+E000 to U+E0FF:

7 Likes

Is the Nosifer font a good idea? Will this have any other purpose besides blood (or other bodily fluids) written text? It’s nit-picky but blood on Roblox, even excluding Xbox guidelines, is a greyish area so why encourage it at all?

3 Likes

To me it looks like this could be used to simulate painted text where the paint has run down due to it being badly applied.

4 Likes

Ah, my clumsy hands! Spilled ketchup all over the place!

4 Likes

You can use the font for that purpose too. I thought of the sharp points on top of the letters and the font’s cacophonous name being similar to the vampire movie title Nosferatu, that the inspiration behind this font is related to blood.

This font won’t get removed but it’s still worth pointing out.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this, it looks like Finger Paint failed to upload correctly. It should be fixed now. You might need to restart Studio for the change to take effect.

4 Likes

This thing sounds and looks very promising and should be tried anyway

1 Like

Adding different text fonts is amazing! This allows users to further customize their games and experiment with different text styles. :wink:

1 Like

I have this issue but with Open Sans font… It’s annoying

1 Like

I am really excited that Roblox has added new fonts for us to use in our games. It’s always fun to have new options to make our experiences look even better. I hope that in the future, Roblox will also give us the ability to upload our own fonts, so we can truly make our games unique. Overall, it’s a great addition to the platform and I’m looking forward to seeing all the creative ways people use these new fonts.

this is never going to happen, for the simple fact that inappropriate images (not even kidding) would very easily bypass any filter.

1 Like

I mean, we can upload decals (and they are moderated somewhat correctly), so why not fonts as well?

3 Likes

This is by far the best roblox update ever, i have been waiting for this update for a very long time.
Now i can use my favorite fonts. This is amazing thank you Roblox :slightly_smiling_face: