Grey screen never goes away

it looks like the scripting place thing i would try to close the scripting thing. No it cant i just looked a the picture better and it cant be.

it’s Happen To me when i click on any print() in the output
and turn off Run mode put not in full screen video example :

fan fact it's ReSizable

Same thing happening to me, it only fixes when i restart my computer. Studio works fully functional but the screen doesnt render or show up.

Thank you for posting this, I have been having the same problem and have been using windowed studio to moving the window around to see things.

try to move the studio window or minimize then maximize… actually i never encounter this bug now

Hi @RefusalMan , the bug report format calls for OS/device information and privately providing your log files via the @bug-files inbox, could you please edit this information in?

I encourage you to look at How to post a Bug Report for other hints on how to complete your bug report.

Many thanks!

2 Likes

This happens to me and I have to restart studio. Hope this gets fixed soon, this is not very timely for my programming deadlines

Same, I am unable to test my experiences because of this, I need to open output and close it, in order to remove it

1 Like

This even happens to me:

PC Details
Device Type: Laptop
RAM: 8 GB RAM
Screen size: 15 inch
Processor: Intel i5
Graphics card: Nvida 2GB M450

Also my studio is using old icons and old ui

1 Like

Yeah, literally so free, like a .Changed on the window to remove a grey screen at random???

Thanks @Deadwoodx for providing system details.

@RefusalMan Your bug report still does not follow the bug reporting format – please append OS information and relevant log files, then our team can start investigating. You can send the log files separately to @bug-files and link the message in your thread.

3 Likes

there actually is a way to fix this without having to totally close Studio. i still experience this bug almost every single test-run, but to make it go away, simply hide the output and then unhide it. idk y it works, but it does.

1 Like

Just to note, some reports of this are also on this thread:

For people with a similar problem, these solutions were suggested:

(Post with video on resetting your layout)

The problems on both of these threads started at the same time and have to do with messed up docking and floating windows, so I suspect those fixes might solve your guys’ problem.

Oh, this happened to me 6 - times!

The solution is, reinstall your studio.

Interestingly, When this happens to me It appears on my Second monitor.

Happens to me too sometimes. Switching from Client view to Server view and back to Client view fixes the issue for me if it occurs when running the game.

1 Like

I can confirm this happens to me, this will happen from time to time when I test and don’t have my mouse hovering over the main screen as I go into testing, or I start moving my mouse while beginning to test.

This works, but then it just goes to a black screen for me and I can’t do anything further.

I have tried exiting, minimizing, toggling full screen, moving things around, etc and it still does not go away.

(Edit, reinstalling studio fixed the issue!)

1 Like

Closing this topic out as it has not been edited to follow the bug report format.

In the future please add all required information so we can investigate and resolve your issue.