Marketplace: Our Vision and Guiding Principles

Moderation

When uploading an asset to the Marketplace, the Moderation team reviews the item before you can sell the item. This process can take up to 24 hours. After approval, Roblox sets your item as “Ready To Sell” in the Creator Dashboard or within Studio.

So you want us to believe that the “moderation team” really reviewed this and thought it was ok?

Reassurances items wouldn’t be uploaded in seperate parts have also been thrown aside so allow things like this dominus hood to be uploaded.

Limited faces recreated 1:1 but it’s “okay” because it’s 3D.

Whomever at ROBLOX is responsible for marketplace moderation is seriously incompetent. I would seriously respect you guys more if you just came out and told the truth, you do not care at all about moderating user generated content.

And this was just from the past day. Uploads like this happen on a daily basis and are ignored and you geniuses want to make this public for everyone? Leave it to a bunch of people from Cali to have no idea how economies, virtual or otherwise, work. You are either willfully ignorant of the problems or are intentionally allowing piracy to oversaturate your virtual marketplace in an effort to pump up your sale numbers to investors who don’t know any better.

6 Likes

You have no real guiding principles. I do not understand how this was allowed.

What a joke.

9 Likes

Honestly roblox is taking the joke now., whoever is running this crap show of a moderation is embarrassing. A Dominus clone on the ugc catalog after your statement of no limited clones and there has been over 5 Today !.

The Fact that you accepted someone into the ugc program WITH FREE MODELS ON THERE APPLICATION Is actually disappointing, like who is running moderation ? and who even wrote this marketplace post ?, All they did was announce fake stuff, lies and just awful statements.

Ive been talking for weeks about this and ive had it up to here, with your fake lies in your posts about moderation, To abusing roblox created limiteds and not making anymore, your almost at this point approving these clones ? If this is a daily basis standard and there ignoring the community and want to make ugc public then its clear roblox doesn’t care.

Whoever is running moderation needs to get there act togethor, Sorry investors UGC aint going public its all fake promises because if it was then oh jeez. the lawsuits and complaints would be immeasurable, has anyone ever spoke to a roblox investor. All it is for roblox is investor first and then community second, Oh wait forget the community part.

So David bazucki was talking about how machine learning would stop this, well just to tell you it clearly isnt working. A Dominus on the ugc catalog, wow roblox really let us down big time.

7 Likes

These images speak for themselves:

4 Likes

The consequences of your decision

Market has been flooded with Limited U items.
Now there are so many of them that it’s not worth buying them at the original price.
Because now it’s difficult to resell an item in order not to lose on it.

I understand that you want people to spend more.
It’s a shame that you didn’t conduct a survey before making this change.
Surely many players will be disappointed and move on to the competition.

6 Likes

Small issue I noticed with UGC limiteds a while ago when the first lot of them were able to be resold but forgot to mention or ask about is the fact there is seemingly a useless extra 10% tax on the resale of these items since 10% of this cut is apparently meant to go towards the “seller/affiliate”,
i.e. in-game sales.

However, for items which can only be bought from resellers you can not buy copies of them in-game meaning there is an extra unnecessary tax which benefits nobody. While 10% may not be much the tax on the resale of these items is already unfair and worse than the tax on Roblox-made limiteds and the extra 10% would make the profit margins at least slightly more fair for UGC limiteds.

I’m not sure whether this was an oversight of the team making the feature and buying in-game was never supposed to be a feature (similar to regular limiteds), or whether this is a bug and you are supposed to be able to buy them in-game but regardless can this tax either be removed or can buying UGC limiteds from resellers in-game be implemented so the 10% is not completely wasted.

(This may be better suited as a bug-report but I wouldn’t know and also am not able to post in the bug reports topic so if someone else sees this and would be able to post about this issue there I would appreciate it <3)

6 Likes

People uploading dozens of limited copies either in whole or in parts and 0 moderation.

8 Likes

6 Likes

i look back at this and i realise how stupid roblox actually is,

They just added a holding period to trading, honestly the people running this have no awareness of the community and there so out of touch

shame on you.

9 Likes

Just as a follow up, the UGC marketplace is in by far the worst state it’s ever been in regards to copying existing items. Multiple copies go up each day, barely any get taken down. Why create original content when copying sells and there’s no risks?

10 Likes

Right… And I’m the king of England.

15 Likes

It gets funnier every time you read it

5 Likes

For perspective, these were all uploaded roughly in the last 24 hours.
Screenshot_20230807-094105~2
Screenshot_20230807-093953~2
Screenshot_20230807-093905~2
Screenshot_20230807-093845~2
Screenshot_20230807-093819~2
Screenshot_20230807-093513~2
Screenshot_20230807-093455~2
Screenshot_20230807-093430~2
Screenshot_20230807-093319~2
Screenshot_20230807-093249~2
Screenshot_20230807-093230~2
Screenshot_20230807-093205~2
Screenshot_20230807-093123~2
Screenshot_20230807-093104~2
Screenshot_20230807-093041~2
Screenshot_20230807-092925~2
Screenshot_20230807-092857~2
Screenshot_20230807-092802~2
Screenshot_20230807-092741~2
Unless Roblox can actually hire competent moderators, the catalog is beyond saving.

10 Likes

This has not aged well at all. The UGC catalog is currently in the worst state it has ever been in. Dozens of copies of limiteds come in daily through the UGC program, many of them being 1:1. What happened to moderation?

Take a look at this:
EXHIBIT A

This is a 1:1 copy of the item “Sparkle Time Valkyrie”.

A few years ago, an item like “Veggie Warrior” (pictured below) was the closest you could get to a Valkyrie helmet. Now UGC is constantly flooded with 1:1 Roblox limited items.

Let’s take a look at how this affects Roblox:
EXHIBIT B

Just an average Club Iris server. Notice that none of the limiteds people wear in this screenshot are real; they are all UGC reuploads of limiteds.

Here’s a list of every limited item I can think of whose 1:1 or almost 1:1 UGC copies are STILL UP and have been up for days - months:

• Every variant of Sparkle Time Fedora
  • Classic fedora
  • Dominus variants
  • Federation variants
  • Valkyries
  • Clockwork/Workclock Shades
  • Clockwork/Workclock Headphones and their variants
  • Domino Crown
  • Ultra Commando
  • Red Grind
  • Super Super Happy Face, Eyes of Crimsonwrath, and countless other limited faces
  • Void Star
  • King of The Night and its variants
  • Hooded Spacelord
  • SQL Bandana
  • Moon Seeing Stars
  • Etc.

These items bypass moderation because they are typically uploaded through combinations of UGC hats, when put together they recreate a Roblox limited (see exhibit A). Some of these are UGC “pieces” are obvious as well which baffles me how they get through moderation. A lot of them do this for only the money and they continue to get away with this. I question how these people have gotten no repercussions in the UGC program or with their accounts. This has severely affected the trading market towards entering the worst state it’s ever been in, all because people are afraid their limiteds are going to die.

There are many trusted sources that constantly report limited UGC reuploads which I strongly urge the UGC moderation team to pay attention to if they want to do their job better. Content moderators if you would like the links to the 1:1s of these items send me a private message.

The other issue I would like to address is copyrighted content:
EXHIBIT C

I’m sure this is self-explanatory.

Roblox, please address your UGC issue. If these items continue to be uploaded and they continue to stay up the issue is only going to get worse. The UGC program is exclusive and yet moderation can’t keep up with the limited number of creators there are. With the state it’s in now, UGC is definitely in no position to be released to the public.

39 Likes

Hey @Roblox… Don’t get me wrong, these new updates are incredibly cool, and good to see more freedom for smaller developers. Here’s the issue… I believe the least you can do for the ones who misuse this system would be to at least punish them. For example, the group that created the fake Valk (below) wasn’t even locked, nor was the item refunded to those who got it. (at least the items were taken down, but what’s to stop them from just simply re-uploading them…)

The majority of the group members still have this item as shown below (there are many more pages other than this)

Anyhow, thanks for hearing me out! Hopefully, proper moderation actions will be taken in the near future.

EDIT: Another suggestion, add a high cooldown. You added a 30-day escrow which was great, that was in the right direction but there still is a problem with people mass uploading and moderators obviously not being able to keep up.

6 Likes

I guess it’ll be another year, or couple, perhaps, and then we’ll witness the UGC catalog purge.

No more music OR accessories!

3 Likes

Would love to hear the methodology to get that number, lol.

6 Likes

Yup. Not only is the catalog flooded with fake limiteds, but there’s also tons of blatant copyright infringement. It’s only a matter of time before Roblox gets sued yet again for allowing users to upload copyrighted material, just like what happened with Audio/Music.

5 Likes

Would no joke buy that if it were allowed lol, so many copies would be on the market making dominus hats pretty much worthless compared to the status symbol they were years back.

IKR, so many items that straight up steal copyrighted IP content and ROBLOX allows it anyway.

seems automated moderation isn’t such a good thing, huh.

1 Like