Metallurgia | Game Devlog

METALLURGIA was a project me and @gameknight_10, the idea for this came over a year ago but for most of the time since then the project had been dormant, there are other posts I’ve made on this topic such as these:

The game idea is simple, the player gets their own metallurgy building to put forging/other equipment in and then they can source and sell resources on a game-wide market.

PROGRESS SO FAR:

If anyone else has more suggestions, make sure to comment!

5 Likes

There’s a bug that allows the player to basically fly when holding an item below their character.
This bug has been patched with CollisionGroups

2 Likes

Scale model, measures the mass of the node (not weight).

For now this only works when nodes are on top, but next I am going to add support for it to measure storage equipment with nodes in it.

Also my co-dev is working on a model for aluminum electrosys smelter, ill update you lot once its complete!

1 Like

I know it has been a while, but I’m back on the game dev. I’ve also made a server where I can post more devlog and where you can suggest stuff! METALLUGIA

1 Like

Dropped the ending of *“A forgery simulator”, the game is now just called “Metallurgia”

Also I have setup a system to easily simulate element states, reactions and results, just finalizing the algorithmn right now to make it all work together.

1 Like

Forgot to update some devlog to here:

Jars, hold gases/liquids easily!

Jars have the ability to hold fluids, but can also break when colliding at a high velocity!

If you want to see more info with the devlog, and participate in polls for new features (which there are many), join the discord server linked above! For the next 26 hours, all new users to the server would have free “Forge pass” at launch, which would eitherwise cost 175R$!

1 Like

NOTE: During development, the game is still public!

I’ll keep on publishing updates with updates with the devlog to the game, it will be public until a few days before launch, so that you all can interact with the mechanics of the game and give feedback based on experience, not just screenshots that I provide!

game link

The link to the server for Metallurgia is in my profile, and a bit further up in this thread, we hold polls there for custom resources, mechanics, monetization, ect. if you wan’t to also take part, make sure to join it!

Some new things since last update:

• Alloys are now classified as their own object, previously they acted as elements that are formed when the ingridients and the required temperature is present, and would only form at the perfect ratio. So the ratio to make bronze is 85 copper : 15 tin, so all bronze will be made until either copper or tin runs out. New method classifies alloys by examining the substrate, and comparing them to the ratios of all alloys, then calculating the distance between the alloy perfect ratio and the substate, returning a dictionary of alloys and their grade (grade is a number that depends on distance, higher grade = higher purity)
  • More effiecent reaction algorithmn, previously it looped through all possible reactions and checked if they were possible with the current state of the substate, now it loops through all elements in the substrates and only calculates the reactions linked to that element
  • Ores are now classified as their own object aswell, consisting of a dictionary of elements and their ratios within the ore.
  • Object data is now a different method, previously it just contained elements and their percentage presence in the substrate, now it contains more detail such as indivisual heat for each element, their total and indivisual mass, and some metadata to track down possible dupes in the future

If you want more frequent devlog updates, make sure to join our discord server! It is linked somewhere above.

Also aquaous reactions have been added. These reactions are only fired when water is present in the substrate, mostly this is just for the many reactions we’ve added with Calcium, Lime, and other Calcite/Calcium materials.

For any mobile users, can you test out the node controls ingame and give suggestions on how to improve it?

Also working on making the reactions algorithmn to run in parallel, soon that should be added!