My Unions Have Disappeared

I am aware this is a common issue from undoing unions e.c.t. and I have spent a while researching this, but come up with nothing.

I went into edit mode on my game today, to discover the unions on my 3 horse rigs have completely disappeared. Only leaving the upper legs (made of bricks)

However ever other union like the hay bales in the background still exist.

I tried closing and reopening the game. Nothing
I tried restoring to many previous versions. Nothing
I then went to my original test place where I designed the horses, and the unions have gone there too!

Wondering if anyone knows how I can get them back. I spent AGES rigging and animating this :frowning:

Change as iā€™m writing this:

The horses work in usual roblox play mode, still not in studio though.

19 Likes

I certainly donā€™t know what causes this, but if itā€™s working in online mode maybe youā€™re dealing with some sort of caching issue in Studio? Have you tried opening the game on a different machine?

3 Likes

Currently I am not in possession of a different machine to test it on. I might try reinstalling studio or something, see if that helps.

Iā€™ve made a bug report on this exact issue : CSGV2 still gets corrupt unions

3 Likes

Did you have a stable internet connection while you were working on them? Were you possibly working in offline mode?

Perfect connection, and I tried restarting my laptop multiple times + using Ethernet.

Update

I got my friend to try the place file and the unions showed up. Must be an issue with my pc/studio. I tried disabling anti virus and doing a full reinstall, nothing worked. Iā€™ll do some more research but if anyone has advice itā€™d be appreciated.

itā€™s an issue with your internet, something to do with the connection that the unions donā€™t load properly.
i had the issue before and there isnā€™t really any one way to fix it, just mess around with your connection settings and try to see if it stops.

1 Like

Every other union does load though, Itā€™s just the ones in this specific model :thinking:

try separating the horses.
if you canā€™t separate them then you probably did a certain union that usually is not supported by roblox or something.
iā€™d just recommend redoing the unions, they look pretty simple.

Itā€™s not redoing them thatā€™s the issue, I spent hours rigging and animating them.

Also small update, this error is now showing:

Hi! I hope my response isnā€™t too late.

If your unions only turn invisible, separate the union and re-union it again, itā€™s the only way I know of ā€˜fixingā€™ the problem. However if the entire union brick disappears somehow, then Iā€™m not sure. I really hope this helps though ^^

-X

2 Likes

Hey, can you try deleting your cache?

The cache should be located in C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Temp\Roblox. Deleting this folder shouldnā€™t cause any issues, but just to be on the safe side, make a backup of this folder elsewhere. Also, only do this with all instances of Roblox/Studio closed.

18 Likes

Are the Unions still in the Explorer? Had this issue a few years ago and remember fixing it by uploading the entire group as a model and then placing it back into the workspace via ā€œMy Modelsā€.

1 Like

Tried this, but separating it just deletes it :frowning:

1 Like

Ah jeez! Thanks you, that finally fixed it. Happy to say the horsey bois are back in action.

Thanks to everyone who gave an answer to this issue :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I just ran into this issue and cannot find the file to delete that you said to. e.e

1 Like

Try turning this setting on Reload Assets in the settings and then restart all instances of Roblox Studio:

15 Likes

Iā€™ve tried dong ReloadAssets, Deleting my Cache, Publishing the model and re-inserting it, and everything else Iā€™ve seen on the web about this. For some reason none of it worked and itā€™s a big problem because I have a full on character made only out of unions and last night I spent a good hour or so rigging it up, and then when I got on this morning, the whole model is completely invisible and separating only deletes the part. Is there any other solution to this that you could give me?

4 Likes

I have a few questions from my experience that might help solve your problem.

1. Does it show if you send it to a friend and they open it in studio on their PC?
  2. Does it show in game? (viewing it in the Roblox client, not in Roblox studio)
2 Likes