New Brightness Property for 3D GUIs

interesting update for my custom particle system. but question: will 2d gui be updated with brightness and light emission as well?

1 Like

Does this brightness property work like OLED screen brightness? Will it remove deep blacks?

Where is the folder located? I know it’s gotta be somewhere.

This looks awesome! I am sure of will using it.

%localappdata%/Roblox/Versions/*/content/... corresponds to rbxasset://... (note the lack of id)

I knew it. However, when using a custom WEBM file, it didn’t actually work. Also, I suggest going on private if there is something more to say, I don’t want to spam.

I saw this and I realized I could make semi-neon signs with it. This truly opens up a new world of opportunities.

1 Like

That’s for the entire place, it affects all GUIs

1 Like

Noticed it yesterday really useful :smiley:

1 Like
3 Likes

Awesome! It’d be cool if we could do the same thing with textures (on meshes or parts) and decals!

14 Likes

They probably do:
Blurred image > normal image

1 Like

This can actually be helpful for making cool effects which I think is nice

Great update! But the light bleeding out looks a bit weird, we should probably have a property to turn on/off bleeding?!?!?! That would be so helpful and it’ll make the update multi purpose!

I knew that you’ll suggest that lol, as most stuff in jailbreak are blender meshes.

2 Likes

Woah it looks great I was trying to make a Tv but it didn’t worked very well so this may help to make my tv

1 Like

I can finally try to replicate this in a better way!

GreenLine

Previously I would have to try very hard with glass and neon, and it just didn’t work very well. Now that we have this, it’s going to work great for neon decal overhead signs!

12 Likes

This is very cool! Hope to see more in the future!

2 Likes

Wow, this looks really cool! I can’t wait until the next update!

The “bleeding” is called Bloom and there has been a way to disable it for years. BloomEffect | Roblox Creator Documentation

It’s a side effect of the GUIs being rendered in the 3D world, therefore, post-processing effects are applied on top of them.

2 Likes

this is one fancy little update! looks great, you bet i will be using this for things like level up ui and stuff