New material: Unshaded

This material is like neon but without the glow effect.
I find this useful everytime I make a texture that’s bright because when I import it to roblox it turns out much more dull.

Adding this would be an awesome,

Alright thanks for reading :slight_smile:

75 Likes

people could make some cool optical illusions with it

7 Likes

Support

2 Likes

I think this should be a property instead, so you can have other materials unshaded.

8 Likes

Would be a good addition to this feature request:

4 Likes

You can do this with bricks by using SurfaceGuis, but that is laggy and messy. And you can’t use SurfaceGuis for mesh objects and CSG… this would be a great feature, I’m certain.

2 Likes

There should be a LightEmission property like particles have.

4 Likes

I think the feature would be useful, but I would rather they go about it in a different way.

We have decals already. These allow you to define diffuse maps (through ImageId). They should extend them to allow for specular maps, surface normal maps, and glow maps. The glow map would allow for this “unshaded” property, and more so, it would provide finer control. For example, you could make an exit sign in a glow map and it would only glow the relevant text.

Likewise for SpecialMeshes & all its friends.

5 Likes

Un light influenced objects -
My post @PlaceRebuilder told me about this one here lol

Yeah I agree with this being added but not as a material as a property like @Klocko said.
c819e0cfe573f8907b6e9c4363e2e4d85d442a76.png

5 Likes

I still find this extremly needed. It’s causing me to have to make a bunch of workarounds and it’s very annoying.

2 Likes