New Studio Racing Template!

Blender - and thanks for this callout - I’ll apply a fix for the next time we patch!

3 Likes

Try checking out this curriculum - there are some helpful tips and tricks in there.

I use Substance Designer to create all of my game textures. Substance is an Adobe product and has a licensing cost, but there are free alternatives like Material Maker

1 Like

@ADAMW3D the game now seems to be under review? Racing - Roblox

roblox’s own moderation took against their own game :skull:

I reported it as a bug after this and it affected the name of the game on Roblox Studio

I hope it can come back :pray:

All endorsed vehicle models are removed from the Toolbox as well (from a year ago):

Likely related to the deleted game. Now they can experience false moderation first hand :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

that looks great… i forgot what to say

The same thing is happening to me. Every time something streams in or out (which happens basically all the time in a city environment like in my game), the camera does the same zooming effect. I thought it had something to do with me rigging a custom car model wrong, but like you said, it just seems to be a thing that happens when lag occurs.

1 Like

This is a very nice template! Great use of art, and great gameplay! It’s also very easy to customize! :100:

My good friend @poogah05 and I replaced the car body and tires with custom ones he had made as submissions for season 20 in Jailbreak, and we drove it around with a few friends in a Jailbreak map he has. :grin:
(P.S. There is a cool ramp jump featuring @poogah05 around 1:15 in the video.)

9 Likes

I love the new Template, and I have published a game using it with some modifications to the vehicle and map (HyperCar Racing - Roblox).
I am wondering how to add a wins system to the game, so when a player comes in 1st, they are given a point in Wins leadertats (which I added). If anyone has suggestions that work, please lmk. I’ve tried multiple ways such as :

local function onPlayerAdded(player)
player.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(character)
character:WaitForChild(“HumanoidRootPart”).Touched:Connect(function(part)
if part.Name == “Finish” then
local wins = player.leaderstats.Wins.Value + 1
player.leaderstats.Wins.Value = wins
end
end)
end)
end

-but so far, no go.

4 Likes

How to change numberoflaps to 1?

attributes on the folder for the race, has all of the settings

1 Like

This is great! I’ve always wanted to make a racing game, and the old template always had issues.

1 Like

How did you go about coding something like this?

cool improvement!

can you uncopylock it for testing purposes or just tell me what changes you did and the code please?

Thanks for the new concept! Now I’m going to try and make a new game out of this where you drive big rigs and have to deliver things to other people!

I’ve spent heaps of hours just trying to transfer the car system (with wheels) to another car body, it’s all come to a point where the car just doesn’t function - why, I don’t know.
I could write the gist of my problem, but it seems in words I absolutely still wouldn’t understand.
I’d be very grateful if someday someone would make a detailed video guide about it, the system is really nice, but designed apparently for more experienced people.
Or I’ll hope that in the future a more simplified one will be made for the installation

1 Like

Hey, would you be willing to provide the original files to the trim sheets you used/created (all components of the pbr texture)? Especially the one used for most of the metal objects like the dumpster? :heart_eyes:

Hey @Mudwzy - I’m not sure if I posted this before, but if you go open the Racing Template, you can select any mesh or part in the scene that has a texture on it that you like > right-click in the explorer window > choose “export selection” > name the .OBJ file anything you’d like and choose a location on your drive to save it.

This will export the model to your local machine, but it will ALSO export any textures associated with it, and you can re-use them however you’d like.

You can also extract them in-studio by selecting the textures slots on the SurfaceAppearance objects or the MaterialVariant objects.

2 Likes