Next Gen Studio UI Preview is here! [Beta]

Not everyone has it at the moment

1 Like

Will the Game Explorer tab be back?

3 Likes

Since there is much talk of the Studio Home Page/Screen here, I would like to know if a previous discussion we’ve had (PM), if it will be included ?
I can’t see myself, since I don’t have access to the new layout yet.

As discussed, an experience set as “FREINDS”… below…

Is not displayed on the home screen as “FRIENDS” … but rather as “Public”.
Friends is much used Tester among friends or unknown testers (who are not part of creation)

As discussed… this could cause a game Leak ahead of release, if both “Friends” & Public are shown as Public - when they are not.

And then Finally - TABS on the Home screen
Will they Extended making our own Tab creations on the Home Screen ?
This could be very helpful helpful when you are working on 2 or more major projects, and separate it from all the other recently opened testing projects (looking at previous scripts etc) - as it causes a lot of clutter, when you are trying to quickly find relevant projects.

1 Like

personally, looks pretty good. my only issue with this is that there’s no little arrow to hide the topbar ui, and show when i click on topbar buttons like Home, etc, like in the previous.

from now on i’ll try sticking on this new ui. hope to see more changes to it!

1 Like

double click the top bar or right click it and a context menu will appear to do that

1 Like

Seriously?

I´m literally feeling like I need to create my own version of the Studio´s Ui. There´s not a single post on the DevForum saying the new Ui is generally bad. The whole UserInterface is for “kids” to play with. Everytime I open Studio I´m turning mad and getting unmotivated because of roblox just making it worse for the “good” ones.
It looks like a joke to me. Compare this with unprofessional development softwares like UE_5…
Is it optimized for mobile? Some people wouldn´t even get I´m joking.

What I don´t like

• Unprofessional look coming from the too clear Ui + the rounded edges everywhere
  • Do I have to feel like being new to studio? I don´t want tutorials on my front page. What I like about the new front page which also has to be selected everytime after opening studio is that u can open your places from there… A problem fixed in another way
  • A professional doesn´t need an userInterface which tells you images are loading (place´s images). The animation makes me feel like in the also “trash” Roblox desktop app. Thanks for letting me feel like in a roblox app.

My example

My example for the Ui I prefer is the one of a professional recording Studio. It shows that it´s about the system, not the perfect look of the userInterface.

I believe that the Ui designers of the new Studio were forced to create this way because of the new Ui roblox will be… which I´ll also hate ofc. So I don´t mean anything bad to the Studio´s Developers.

Did you even read the replies from a while ago from this post?

3 Likes

If you don’t like it

If you want to compare roblox to UE5 why not go to UE5 if you like it so much? Heard unity is pretty cool, if you want more simple Godot shares a similar language to Roblox. You aren’t being held hostage here, if you don’t like the update don’t use it but don’t complain when it becomes the default. You can attempt to throw in your suggestions now as they’ll be reviewed but as a beloved roblox staff said almost 10 years ago, DAW Interfaces in 2024? That is so 2004.

(quote from staff, gave me a chuckle)

8 Likes

Yes we are going to be updating the cards/tiles soon with a lot of community feedback incorporated. We aren’t showing “Friends” because the endpoint we hit to retrieve the listings isn’t providing that. We’ll chase it down!

We are mostly thinking about the ability to pin places to give some control over quick access but totally open to other ideas here. Maybe we could build upon the pinning idea and let you pin to a specific tab and also let you create new tabs?

2 Likes

Yes the team is working on this. It’s taking some time because we are working on a solution that brings Solo/Multiplayer/Team Test control along with pause/debug controls in one place (versus scattered into 3 or 4 places in the current UI).

No ETA yet because it’s a pretty complex task but it is a high priority for us.

This is the mark of a great product manager. We appreciate all you do!

4 Likes

Thanks for the effort ! Will look out for it in the future.

That sounds Perfect - Thanks !! That will help a LOT !

1 Like

they are matching studio UI with (create.roblox.com)

When is the local server test feature coming to this ui. I feel like it shouldve been added when the ui preview got released as its an important part of development. I do like how clean the ui is but i have to keep switching back and fourth as im a programmer and i need to test my scripts with multiple people. maybe its hidden in the menus but i cant find it at all

I agree, I’ve been on studio for over six years and a design change this big makes me feel like I’d have to completely relearn the interface. It doesn’t even feel like Roblox anymore, the old UI had fun colors and seemed inviting unlike the new UI which is really boring and flat. I guess this is yet another example of Roblox losing its charm to appeal to investors.

please add the recent tab back to the new home page

1 Like

We all agree it’s important but we are doing a lot of work here. The primary goal of the Beta is a very early Preview of the general design. We never intended full function matching with the old UI on the first release.

2 Likes

It’s a known issue and not a part of this particular Beta…

NO! There’s too much unused space.
There was nothing wrong with the old UI. Especially the old start screen.