[Open source] Feather for Roblox

Feather For Roblox

Simply beautiful open source icons

Download | Repository

:warning:

This is a community port for Feather, all suggestions to the library please head to the official website instead.

This plugin is no longer worked on! For more icons, consider using Lucide Icons

This is a Roblox port of the open sourced Feather Icons with slight modifications to fit Roblox’s moderation guidelines, here’s what changed:

• Social media icons are not available, this includes: twitter, twitch, facebook, instagram
  • zap, zap-off has been renamed to electricity and electricity-off respectively
  • disc has been renamed to diskette
  • creditcard is removed

All icons found in the plugin is exported at high quality (2x, with Retina support) and has gone through an alpha bleed process. Ready to be used in games, user interfaces and more for free. Learn more what you can do with Feather icons by reading the licence.

Credits & Attributions

https://feathericons.com/
matcher.lua

:heart: Open sourced with the MIT licence

105 Likes

This is gonna be so useful, you don’t even KNOW! THANKS <3

4 Likes

Very good plugin. I highly recommend this plugin to any developer in need of icons to use in their games.

It’s simple and easy to use and contains icons for almost everything you could ever need it for.

5 Likes

much thanks, much pog and doge love :slight_smile:

3 Likes

beautiful but you bully me :sleepy:

4 Likes

Amazing to see your contribution! I’d currently use Feather icons for a vue.js project, and it’s great to see that the same icon pack can now be used on Roblox, :partying_face:

2 Likes

Heyo, we’ve added theme support as well as hovering to icons, and selection color to the search bar. The hovering and selection color is based on your Studio Settings’ “Select Color” property.

3 Likes

At last, an icon system which actually looks decent.

I’m really tired of relying on Material Icons for UI, this really helps.

2 Likes

I am not sure if this will be helpful in contrast to the icon library I already use. Am I able to recolor the icons and modify them if i want, or do I have to do it through a 3rd party software?

1 Like

I believe you’re already able to do that through Roblox.

1 Like

You cannot modify images from Roblox Studio, because sometimes I want to trim or recolor the image based on my needs.

1 Like

Recoloring images, I’m pretty sure you can do (if the image is white)

1 Like

You cannot. You have to download it colored.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure there’s a property called ImageColor3.

Since the icons are white, you can use that for basic coloring.

2 Likes

You’re able to recolor the image due to the image being white.

Recolor it via the property ImageLabel.ImageColor3.

Here’s a quick GIF of me changing the color of one of the icons.

2 Likes

You can recolour the icons, as the icons are exported in white colour, meaning that color blending (which is what Roblox uses for ImageColor3) will work as expected.

About modifying, no, this is not vector graphics, this is only rastered graphics (Roblox don’t support SVGs), but you can just get the svg file from https://feathericons.com/

2 Likes

For some reason this error pops up when I opened a baseplate:
Screenshot (43)

Not sure what it is, but the number matches the id, and this happened after downloading the plugin.
Can you fix this?

1 Like

Heyo, we’ve rolled out an update, here are what we’ve changed:

• Plugin no longer uses MarketplaceService:GetProductInfo() to fetch the icon’s name, as this will hit the rate limit
  • The widget name is now changed; it should be easier to find the correct widget in the PluginGuiService
  • When hovering at a specific icon, the title of the widget will let you know what you are selecting

For the repository, we’ve fixed the issue where the project JSON file will cause an error

Here’s a screenshot for the hovering part.

6 Likes

Oh this makes things far easier! Cheers!

1 Like

I have a suggestion! I really really love this plugin, but one thing that annoys me is that when I already select an icon, the picture doesnt just change and the plugin just creates a new image child. You could try making an update where instead of it just making a new image while selecting an already existing imagelabel, it would replace the current image labels picture with the picture of the selected icon. If that makes sense… :+1:

2 Likes