Output spammed with "Failed to load Animation - sanitized ID" for ID's that aren't in the game upon startup

this started happening about 2 days ago for me - animations i made suddenly not working/loading that have worked for over a year

2 Likes

Same issue here, however the only problem was publishing it as my property instead of game’s group property. I’m pretty sure this isn’t the same case as every issue at this post tho.

1 Like

same on my end it still says sanitized

2 Likes

I found a fix that works for me,
My game is a group game, and when I create animations, I realized I was making the owner of the animations “Me” and not the group, it has to be the group or it wont work.

1 Like

getting the same error this just started today. in my game I’ve made other animations and they still work but this one specifically is not working and I’m sure if I make any others they will not work either

Did you just upload it? If so, this may be your issue:

I’m having this issue too. I can’t get around it no matter what I do. Must be a bug, no doubt.

No. The animation I’ve been using has been ingame since months and suddenly broke.

yes and it has resolved itself now a day later but it never happened before which is why i was confused, thank you for the reply

This issue has just started again. Still has not fixed itself.

yeah same thing here. an extremely annoying issue

I noticed that only AnimationTrack(Animation), new ones are “sanitized”, old Ids, possessed in your profile, still continue to work normally

Hey, I had the same problem. Its a nightmare when you have work to do but here are 2 tips which you can do to bypass it:

1. Instead of publishing the animation as a new asset, just overwrite the actual existing one and use its id. This way you dont need to wait for roblox to moderate it and you can bypass the error.

2. Instead of using animations, you can use Keyframes and KeyframeSequenceProvider to test that in studio which you can later replace with animations.

To see if the animation is approved, just search for it in the toolbox, if it appears there then the animation is now ready to use.

2 Likes

This error keeps happening to me, in a game I own and I upload as “me” the animations. It’s just so annoying, please Roblox any sort of deeper info as to why this happens would be great.

Getting this as well, looks like this is a really old issue. Why am I getting this now?

Is it a group game or do you own the game?

roblox fixed it, looks like its something about moderation

1 Like

Hello all, apologies for how frustrating this issue has been… we have also been having trouble narrowing it down to a single root cause. There are actually multiple potential problems going on here, some of which have already been fixed, so please take another look and let us know if you continue to see issues.

• The ‘sanitized id’ part of the message is new, but it is not a new error, we’re just taking an extra security step to validate the request was truly for an animation asset id.
  • There was a formatting problem with this message update, so it was truncating the id and reporting the wrong/non-existent asset id as a result. This has been fixed.
  • Around the same time, there were some separate issues around content loading that affected animations:
    • Uploads could sometimes get stuck in a long backlog queue to publish, creating the appearance of non-existent assets and/or moderation issues. This has been fixed.
    • There was another issue that was discovered that could cause assets to delay or fail to load. This was just recently addressed (see here)
  • Irrespective of the root issue, the message is not very informative or helpful to understand why the animation asset failed to load. We are working on improvements to that for your benefit (and ours, quite frankly). :slight_smile:
  • Lastly, in some cases there could just be a legitimate permissions issue with the animation, due to privacy issues. The content management team is very aware of these pain points (e.g. wanting to share animations with or across groups) and we plan to have improvements in the near future (as in 2024).

In the meantime, we will improve the error reporting to aid in debugging.

TL;DR - thank you for your patience with this one and please try again in case the recent content loading fixes have addressed the problem. If not, please reply here or to me directly and we will continue to investigate (caveat: many of us will be offline over the next few weeks, so we will respond in early January).

Thanks again and happy holidays.

8 Likes

Even with everything stated above, the issue is still there. If it helps, the issue for me seems to only be problematic in games published by groups.

1 Like

I am not getting this error in a live game anymore, but in a Studio test it keeps popping up for all my custom animations, and the animations do not play. These are not new animations and they worked in Studio before.

1 Like