As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to do a variety of interactions with studio that aren’t coupled with a published game. For example:
- Configuring Workspace.Gravity (What? that doesn’t require a published game!)
- Configuring HttpService.HttpEnabled (What? That doesn’t require a published game!)
- Uploading images or meshes in bulk (Wait, hold on, images aren’t linked to games!)
- On an even bigger note, this doesn’t even require a place open. Why is this in the game explorer? Come on Roblox.
- Even changing the avatar type!
- What if I want to test with rthro? Guess I have to publish the place!
Not all of the things in game settings are actually cloud game settings! Almost none of them are.
Fixing this would let me prototype and test things in Roblox a lot faster. I hate waiting for stuff to publish, it’s glitchy, slow, and overwrites a random place file I didn’t need to update.
Sometimes I open a new place because I want to test something really fast. I don’t want to save it to the cloud, and I don’t need a backup, and I absolutely know I can do these things if I want. For this reason, uploading the place to another place is silly.
If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I could use studio without having to arbitrarily perform actions to do common-place prototyping actions.