PSA: The Roblox app beta for Windows is now underway!

Roblox is working on it, hopefully they make the group page part of the app!

Why would they use an embedded version if IE11 and not Edge? That doesn’t make sense…

And yes, I have a good computer.

1 Like

I know, but it’s true.

What are your technical specifications?

1 Like

CPU: Intel Core i3 8130U (From 2018)
Memory: 16 GB DDR3 Ram
OS Storage: 256 GB SSD
Other Storage: 1 TB HDD
Graphics: Integrated

This is awesome! Would love to be able to opt in!!!

1 Like

Could the CPU and the integrated graphics possibly be the bottleneck?

You sort of already can.

2 Likes

I had the app enabled on my old computer, but I recently got a new one and I’m not sure how to get the app back. Is it device specific or can I still gain access to it on a new computer?

Take a look at the topic that I linked right above your post. :slight_smile:

After some investigation, I found out it DOESN’T have VR support and is LAGGIER than the normal RobloxPlayerBeta executable.

2 Likes

This roblox client isn’t very different, It just has so many UI elements

I think it’s more optimized for Android & IOS? Maybe.

I actually modified the directory thing for the Roblox Player shortcut and it is basically like the mobile versions, but in-game it’s the same as it is on PC. Of which lags more. So how is this “more optimized for Android and iOS”?

He was referring to the user interface, right?

Roblox codes these interfaces almost as if they were a Roblox game. They’re being run with the actual Roblox engine, normal UIs. All coded and built on Lua(u).

That makes it easy for them to port the same UI from one platform to another.
They are slightly tuned for the platform they’re gonna be in, though.

You can actually find some place files for the menu when you get the beta, some don’t have anything, probably there’s stuff inside CoreGui. Some have a empty UI… etc.

I haven’t got much performance problems, these UIs should get destroyed when you join a game and only partially cached.

One of the problems I have is slight freezes here and there.

You also have to note this is a Beta™

1 Like

sorry to bump, but i know about it, i had previously had issues with tablet mode and once i got them fixed i tilted my laptop around to test those, and i never play on bed or sofa or smth, always on a table

very nice computer indeed

1 Like

oh, also i forgot to tell you that some games bug only on the roblox app from ms store, on web version they work as smooth as butter
fishing simulator as an example, the spears wont work on the app, while on the web version they will work as expected, going towards the place u clicked ur mouse. on the app it wont work at all, at all means by all means, you can spam click and do almost everything but they just wont work.

Found a bug!

Basically you cannot close the escape menu if you press controls in the menu.

Repro steps:

1. Open the escape menu
  2. Press controls
  3. Close the menu
  4. Press escape
  5. The menu will not close, instead a new faded black screen will appear.

To close it, press escape or the X thing again,

3 Likes

Thanks for the bug report, were taking a look at it!

3 Likes

I’ve been using this app for already a month, I like this app, I prefer to use this over the website, anyways, I would like to share my problems about this:

1. For some reason, I log out automatically for no reason, I’m not sure why, the last time i logged in was yesterday in the afternoon, and when I checked today, I magically logged out. I tried this with multiple accounts and I still have the same issue, this doesn’t happen in the website.

2. Sometimes I have to join Private Servers through invite links, the thing is I don’t know any way to join that Private Server through link except opening the browser, it would be great if we could have a way to open Roblox links in the app and redirect us inside the app to that link (Like a game, Private Server link, group, etc.)

3. I can’t find a player search bar, unless I’m blind, my current workaround is searching in the game search bar the player’s name, then clicking “Search for players instead”, but sometimes there’re no games with the player’s name, showing no results and causing the “Search for players” button disappear.

4. Once I was trying to join a game my friend was playing, however, I wanted to join another server since I was banned from my friend’s server, so I had to open the Servers tab and join another server manually, all good, but the problem is that I would still join my friend’s server every time I would try to join a different server through the Servers tab.

For now these are my only issues, thanks for reading.

5 Likes

I’m concerned about the desktop app beta that can the VIP server links work?
I haven’t tried it but i want to see if the VIP sever link will make you join into the desktop app.

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Just an update that this test has been increased to 5% of Windows users. No big changes besides that, please keep the bug reports incoming, we are continuously working on addressing them.

Thanks!

10 Likes