PSA: The Roblox app beta for Windows is now underway!

I know right! They haven’t updated the chat in 6 Years! It’ll be wonderful to see a better and improved roblox in-game chat system, they’ve done the PlayerList, so why not the chat?

4 Likes

Yeah!!! They should update the in-game chat system and the normal chat system. I totally agree with you.

1 Like

Yeah, and don’t forget the library section. :face_vomiting:

In the app beta, they’ve also updated the Roblox menu. I hope that they bring it to the regular client too.

3 Likes

Tried to access the profile settings and it just gave me this.
EDIT: In the More tab, only the Catalog and Events works.
Not sure if this is related, but my firefox has NoScript.

1 Like

That’s an Internet Explorer 11 window, not a Firefox window. Do you have javascript enabled in Internet Explorer 11? Try accessing your profile settings VIA the actual Internet Explorer 11 application to see if the problem is just limited to the embedded version or not.

Roblox uses Internet Explorer for windows, I’ve always wondered why.

Also, everything seems to be working alright for me.

What do they use for macOS? Safari?

I wonder why they even still support Internet Explorer. It’s surely holding them back.

Maybe they cannot use Google Chrome or even Microsoft Edge for some reason? I don’t know, it seems very weird. Maybe it’s just a temporary solution for now until they add in native support for those sections.

1 Like

For some reason I lost access to this in February. Can I have a reason why?

This gets disabled and enabled.

Ah, thanks I was wondering why it happened.

So, I was lucky enough to get access to this amazing new feature, and the interface looks AMAZING!! Big props to everyone at Roblox for making this, the only issue I’m having right now is performance-wise after joining a game, compared to the previous version, this new Beta App drains my CPU and GPU like crazy, also my ping is noticeably higher. I’m assuming this is just a temporary issue and will be fixed before release, but overall this is amazing, great job Roblox!

OOO POG
uhh also I have a very big big bug
am not in the beta testing, but am kinda FORCED to use the web version as if i use the roblox app (got frm ms store) it always detects my laptop as a mobile/tab and changes all controls to mobile ones!!!
its kinda game breaking, all games are broken cuz of this glitch
am pretty sure it can be fixed, it doesnt happen on the web version at all
ping me here if u want photos, and to wind up nice work keep it up :smiley:

I have a question. When will this beta app finally be in its retail state and available to the public? If there isn’t a real retail release date, what is a good estimation for when it’s releasing?

I have another question too, since the normal Windows store version of the Roblox app doesn’t support VR, are there any plans on adding VR support to this new version of the app?

Do you happen to be in tablet mode?

If you want to enable it.

1 Like

This is the same client so I assume that is a yes

Currently unknown, the app gets updated each time the mobile gets some UI changes.

So I’d say that the mobile and the windows app beta are the same client (maybe, i am not sure)

1 Like

Nope, although my laptop is touchscreen (360d too) I always play on keyboard, also double checked that tablet mode was off, i think its because its registering devices as pc/mobile based on whether they have touch or not, and not on keyboard or mouse.

It depends on what position you have the device in.