The textlabel should display text in the correct font

Actual Behavior

The text label shows the text in the wrong font

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Display
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly

7 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

Roblox, for a little under a year now, has had many issues with RichText. And, I feel as though these issues should be better prioritized. I obviously don’t know what all goes behind the scenes, but I’d like to share some resources/info.

This bug report holds the bulk of the info:

However, there are many other sources that should be mentioned:

Image of me facing this issue currently in my own game:

in studio, having the font not display correctly

running the game and having font not displayed correctly

Is there possibly a limit on the amount of text that can have RichText enabled? Sometimes when running, one thing is the wrong font, but then the next time I run the game, another textlabel that has RichText enabled could have the issue.

And now we reach this very post/topic. Another example of RichText having issues with font. The response I am replying to was made Apr 11, 2023 and seems to be the most recent response by someone at Roblox regarding this issue.

I hope this information is helpful and I hope this issue can be resolved. If I need to take any further action, such as making my own bug report, feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
Reditect

2 Likes

We are looking into this issue, but were not able to reproduce it. It seems like it may have been solved by one of the other recent fixes to RichText font loading. Can you confirm that you are still facing this issue and if possible provide a place file that reproduces this issue? Otherwise, we will consider this specific issue resolved.

1 Like

For the issues you mentioned, most of them seem to be outdated and may be resolved by more recent fixes to similar bugs. We looked at the issues, but could not clearly reproduce. For issues that you are still facing, could you create a separate bug ticket with a place file?

1 Like

Making my own bug report is possible, but not guaranteed and would take more time than usual. This is because I am the member trust level on the forums.

I appear to still be having issues with RichText:

The text ‘PB & Jay’ has RichText enabled, and the font is Fredoka One, but the font isn’t applying.

My controls menu is also having some issues with RichText and the font not applying:

all text labels have RichText enabled.

If I could, I’d like to send my project file privately. I wouldn’t want the project I’ve been working on for 2+ years public for anyone to have/use.

Anyhow, I’d be happy to make a bug-report with that in mind.

1 Like

You can private message the place file to me, which would help with investigating the issue. Thanks!

2 Likes

I’ve sent a private message with the place file and some images of the issues I’m having.

1 Like

This should now be fixed in the most recent update! Thank you for your help in narrowing down the problem. Please follow-up if you still notice any problems.

1 Like

I am unsure if this reply was meant for me. I could also be misunderstanding the question. Anyhow, from my testing, if a space is in a ‘string’ of text, it is kept that way. (It is not removed, richtext or not.)

Thank you as well. To give an update, I have found no issues through my testing, the old problems seem to be fixed.

1 Like

meant for someone else, not you sorry.

1 Like

will invisible spaces be gone, in the dev forum?