Roblox Player Crashes At Random Intervals

Update (01/05/2024): For this specific issue, it was discovered that an Oculus VR DLL (LibOVRRT64_1.dll) was the cause of the crashes. By deleting this DLL from my computer, it has entirely resolved my issues. I do not remember exactly where this file was located, but you can search for it in commond prompt via dir /s LibOVRRT64_1.dll. Once that command finishes running, it will display the file directory for the DLL.

A similar bug report of mine can be found here, which involves the Roblox player crashing as soon as it is opened. Some solutions are listed there as well. This bug report is specific to Roblox crashing after the game has been running for a while.

Description
For about a month or less now, Roblox has been crashing at random intervals across multiple games. Aside from an occasional 3-5 second freeze, there is no forewarning. Additionally, there is no kick/disconnection message, as the application closes entirely. The issue persists after uninstalling and reinstalling Roblox. A crash log file has been included in a private message.

Reproduction
Often
No reproduction steps

Actual Behavior
Roblox indiscriminately crashes across various games at random points.

Expected Behavior
Roblox application should not crash

System Information
11th Gen Intel Core i7 @ 2.50 GHz, 16 GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

A private message is associated with this bug report

19 Likes

Have you tried reinstalling the game?

3 Likes

I intentionally avoided that, since it’s unlikely that I’m the only one experiencing this issue. I want to ensure there’s visibility on it to avoid future issues for other users.

3 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when there’s any update on the issue.

5 Likes

Possibly related to: Roblox games load for about 3 seconds then instantly crash ?

3 Likes

same here im on windows 11 and from an update it broke the game

1 Like

Something similar has been going on for me as well and apparently it is to do with rendering code. I do not believe that because this has only been going on since Hyperion (the Byfron anticheat if you don’t know) was released. It happens from random intervals (though it has happened way less recently).

2 Likes

It is possible, yes, but I would like to point out that the issue I’m experiencing does not happen at predictable intervals as it does with that report.

1 Like

Interestingly, I don’t get any errors as demonstrated in the issue that you experienced. My entire application crashes without any information.

2 Likes

Been having this. Have you submitted the crash dumps to someone at Roblox?
Also, some temporary fixes have been suggested in this thread.
EDIT: Make sure to send the .dmp files that Roblox normally should make.

2 Likes

Well, at first it didnt show errors but it did eventually evolve into errors. I really can’t identify why that happens but I’m assuming it could be an issue to do with hardware.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue for anybody who wants a visual or for any Roblox staff trying to resolve this.

3 Likes

Hi all, I’ve come to find a bandaid fix for this issue, in my case, installing the microsoft store version of the Roblox Player works just fine, but you’ll be sacrificing a little bit of performance.

I seem to be having a similar issue as detailed in this bug report. It occurs for both the desktop and microsoft store version.

This is also happening to someone I know currently, crashes around 5 seconds.

@NikeProthePro @emilaltg @daftpatriot @ResonantSock @jan12000p A solution to my specific issue has been found, and the post has been updated to reflect that. Hopefully this helps you guys!

1 Like

Cross linking, this post seems to be related: Roblox client unexpectedly crashes without error message - #93 by Bitdancer

To clarify, it is not necessary to uninstall all Oculus VR software. Users can simple remove the DLL, but updates to the software could reinstall it.

1 Like

I just wanted to cross-link as there was another solution in that post. Thanks for the clarification!

1 Like

unfortunately, this does not resolve my case

1 Like