Secure the game voting feature

We are not talking about you, we are talking about users. Honestly, I would want to have people give all their money because I let them join a baseplate, but that’s not gonna happen.

So far, the only reliable way to verify if someone is really a human is to have them buy something. Steam actually does this periodically. This makes the bot business completelly unprofitable as the lowest costing thing is the 5$ premium.

I never once said it was about me… I said it’s about the users who have their games ruined. Their accounts reputation ruined by these bots messing with the votes.

As for purchasing stuff, clearly don’t understand how these bots work. If you’ve ever gotten hacked, you’d know those accounts had BC to trade and thus get limiteds/etc. So if people are willing to spend money on an account that’s gonna get terminated anyway, then they’re gonna still do it on bots. Plus with the amount of young people who fall for clickbait stuff, they’d make their money back immediately

1 Like

You do realize that this will just make them create millions of alts, potentially causing Roblox to hang?

You usually don’t need more than 20k downvotes to completelly destroy a new game, so they will use their reserves now, maybe make them also trade and comment a few stuff to keep them a bit less obvious. This will last them for about 4 more months if not more considering how many services offer this and then you will get half a year of peace. Then the accounts they created will get veterancy and it all starts again. You literally did nothing but shift the entire process by a year.

The only bots that have BC are those that are specialized in stealing from your inventory. They don’t need large numbers and thus don’t need any considerable investment. In fact, they are not even bots in most cases, just malicious alts. But we aren’t speaking about them.

5$ per bot, multiply that by 20k and you get a good money waster on your hands.

1 Like

We developers have all noticed the sudden boom of games being dislike botted; like botted, and more. This is a new issue in the Roblox community, and it is damaging developers on a daily basis. It is currently impossible for developers to rely on Roblox to secure the dislike and like ratio, to be accurate, efficient, reliable, and safe. If you didn’t know, Roblox is planning to add a feature to refresh likes and dislikes every week per update announcement, this is awesome, but as known there will still be issues for dislike botting. Even now, dislike botting and like botting is worst than ever, developers can no longer rely on any of the Roblox emails to fix this issue, making the emails almost useless. Roblox is also in a position where they cannot do anything about all the dislike bots when a Roblox Developer who is affected emails them again. More and more I fear releasing new games now, as I do not want to be a victim for this. As we know , game ratings can affect player visits, game attractions, and more. Developers who create new games are then presented with a new issue; how will we prevent this?. The solution to all of this is a reCaptcha on like and dislike ratio, even if users get annoyed at one point and will chose to not leave a rating, I’m sure most Developers would prefer that instead of losing all their hard work, and sometimes even having to restart on a brand new game because of all the dislikes.

Here are some game examples of developers who are victims of dislike botting, that destroyed their entire game.

Pixelized Games’ :zap: Sprinting Heroes! :muscle:"

https://www.roblox.com/games/3564587107

Like to dislike ratio:

Basicvane’s " Escape Basic High School Obby"
https://www.roblox.com/games/3756251002

Like to dislike ratio:

Light Works’s " Liftoff :rocket:"
https://www.roblox.com/games/3454641910
Like to dislike ratio:

Un_dim’s " Miner’s Frenzy"

https://www.roblox.com/games/4061506502
Like to dislike ratio:

Those are just some small games , but you can easily go on Twitter, YouTube, or any other platform and search that a game was dislike botted, and you will find several games; big and small.

This issue destroys some small Developers careers, who put hard and dedicated effort into games, hoping they will do well, then their hopes and dreams are destroyed when someone dislike bots their game.

If a reCaptcha is added to like and dislike a game, this will fix mostly all dislike and like botting. Not to mention, there are some games ( difficult but easy to distinguish sometimes ) who will purchase like botting services as an advantage to their game. To finalize this topic, reCaptcha or “funcaptcha” is the efficient, clean, and cheap solution, could be a long term or short term solution ( only saying this as Roblox announced during RDC they will have a refresh system for updates on games ), I am hoping to see this a soon-to-be added feature, as it will save a lot of time and stress for big and small developers.

Anyways, have a good one!

32 Likes

Captchas aren’t as effective as you think. They were widely used a few years ago since machine learning was in its infancy and other image recognition solutions were very inaccurate. Right now, they are very easy to bypass as all you need to do is simulate a natural hand movement and choose the trains or whatever task you are given.

Also, my friend actually showed how inaccurate they were by bypassing it after 5 retries of selecting the same square.

3 Likes

Bump.

Still an issue.

Why can’t reCaptcha be added to liking and disliking?

9 Likes

This is still a huge issue. I don’t think I’m alone when I say that something should be done about this soon. Bigger devs usually don’t need to worry about this but this issue wreaks havoc on small devs and can effectively stop them from growing at all. If nothing else, the process to remove botted ratings should be faster.

There have been a lot of new threads and discussion recently about dislike bots, but nothing seems to be on the horizon to secure the voting feature. A good temporary solution to this aside from the ones mentioned in the OP would be to lock ratings to accounts who have spent Robux over the account lifetime.

PLEASE do something about this soon!

Just a few examples of dislike botting on forum members/other feature requests that could help with this issue:

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/what-do-i-do-if-i-got-dislike-botted/347583

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/dislike-botting-cost-me-r-300-000-today/554298

18 Likes