[SHOTGUN] UTPS.dsk - an Open Source weapons animations for developers

hihi I’m the one publishing FE Gun kit Viewmodel 2

About UTPS.dsk

UTPS.dsk is a set of Animation that aims to provide low-budget developers a free firearms animation for any users to use in their project, it’s designed to replace your animations with this ultimate pack and is free to use in your projects without any costs!

UTPS.dsk animation looks like this!

What does this offer anyway? looks similar to yellowfat’s R15 animations

UTPS.dsk provides some of animations that may match your weapons based on what type it is, for example you have a pistol that is called “Glock” you can use a regular pistol type, Revolver etc. and as for rifle you choose Rifle type instead of Pistol.

Why are you creating this??

recently a newly released game that includes a weapons like Sharkbite 2 has it’s flaw and some of you developers can’t seem to find anyone else helping you animating, although there’s already one here but it didn’t provide most common gun animations like shotguns and sniper so in this package you will find tons of it here if you’re willing to save your time animating and if you’re looking around DevForum there’s ALMOST none of it.

has it been used before?

No, since it has been released today i think i would like to update the game list if one of the game used my animations so if your game is popular enough (atleast 1k or 700 concurrent) i’d consider putting it here.

LIST OF POPULAR GAMES

• empty

[THIS PACKAGES STILL HAS THE FOLLOWING MISSING]

• Sniper
  • Revolver
  • Others like Laser gun
  • Shotgun
  • SMG
Changes: 2
  • First release of packages, nothing else

31/10/2022

• Added missing animation

KEEP IN MIND THAT

• THIS IS NOT A GUN KIT NOR GUN SYSTEM, IT IS ENTIRELY ANIMATIONS PACKAGE
  • This is not for R6 (you can experiment by converting R15 to R6)
  • It’s never meant to have a realistic Animation, i know some weapons do not have an accurate recoils but i will never try to improve it as always unless if it’s some sort of a bug.
  • There is no Support for AnimationWeightBlendFix, that means you should disable it otherwise it’s gonna add dampen to my Animation.
  • You are free to use this as long as you credit me.
  • it’s meant to be used for Single-solid tool, rigging should be done by manually because i don’t know how your gun system works.
  • There will be more of it (although i still have school so it might be delayed)
  • Waist and head movements are not animated to prevent cam shake if the cam is manipulated to head (it is designed to be used for Custom Viewmodel like EFP)

DOWNLOAD THIS PACKAGE HERE

–// Latest version

Previous files
UTPS.dsk BETA release.rbxm (501.2 KB)
UTPS.dsk Patch 1.rbxm (530.4 KB)
UTPS.dsk BETA 2.rbxm (625.8 KB)
UTPS.dsk BETA 3.rbxm (1.1 MB)

Will you use it?
  • Yes, thank you for this
  • No, I’m already good with animating
  • Probably would do if it has more animations

0 voters

Now this is the end of UTPS.dsk see you later! let me know what animations do you want by replying here or if the file doesn’t work or given wrong.

30 Likes

I at first thought it was all included in this package, fixed where reload is missing for One Handed SMG! everything should now contain in this package

CURRENTLY ANIMATING

• Shotgun
  • SMG (apparently there are more types)
  • Assault Rifle
  • Medieval weapons such as bows MARKED TO BE ANIMATED

UTPS.dsk Patch 1.rbxm (530.4 KB)

4 Likes

In the poll you forgot to add a simple “No”. This is my case. No because I don’t have the time.

Originally i was about to put it but this is like 3rd time I’ve edited just to fix public votes, I’d keep it as there are at this point. (200 seconds passed so I’m no longer able to)

Finally after reviewing I think I will try to use it. But is the shotgun include with the package? And if yes, does it make damage to others players?

Shotguns are not included at this moment, it’s coming in the next release after Crossbow and SMG is finished.

unfortunately this is not an Open Source gun kit, you can try pairing it with FE Gun kit or Sensei’s Gun kit here

for beginners, FE Gun kit is the best choices for you to use it as it’s really easy to setup and edit settings (Sensei’s Gun kit is mainly for advanced developers with rigging experience)

1 Like

Ok, thanks I’ll be sure to check that! Have a good day!

ROBLOX DECIDED TO RUIN ANIMATIONS AFTER THE RELEASE

AnimationWeightBlendFix property were removed so i might try to fix all of it soon along with a new animations pack.

EDIT: since it’s being hidden (yet it’s no longer visible) in order to fix this, you should try adding attribute that is boolean and name it RbxLegacyAnimationBlending in workspace, Roblox hasn’t asked us if we wanted it or not but that’s just Roblox being Roblox smh.

UPDATES ON THIS PROJECT

UTPS.dsk update is now postponed and will continue after november, I recently got another game to work on which it’s going to unbalance time so you are expected to see this update around December but will not include some weapons like shotguns and SMG.

edited again, i didn’t make it so it’s coming in december but not sure when will i release it.

1 Like

Can’t users use the old animation weight thats still in.

Here is a post of the old animationweight that is still possible to import.

This will save other animators that struggle trying to make an animation that has to fit with the weights.

i mentioned about it earlier

UTPS.dsk finally got it’s update! (this is just minor update)

Crossbow is finally finished

been a long time since I haven’t animated for crossbow so finally there it is, Crossbow is the only one made into this update again because of school and recent project “Boss Mayhem” i had to only include this weapon as apart of this update, hope you find this useful again in your project!

1 Like

I have only one question, why is it entitled UTPS.dsk ?

To give it’s name so people knows what the resource name is, also having to just call it “Open source animations” would ended up getting too many repeated names so i instead have to give it’s name too

1 Like

Ok but why “UTPS” and why “.dsk” ???

UTPS in full name is called “Ultimate Third Person Shooter” as these animations are made for 3rd person view and “.dsk” is just a name i think to put for itself so it gets it’s original name.

1 Like

Does the package 2 have the crossbow? Yippie if so!

And does it do damage?

Happy Holidays! Enjoy it!

Latest file contains every new animations and of course it does

uhm no this is not gun kit, it’s just animations pack.

Just started using this project in hopes to convert the animations to R6 but I have a single issue, is it possible to make the “mag” disappear on the animations because when i try and play the AK reload the mag stays in place and I’m forced to edit that on my own.
Also i would love if there was a viewmodel version! Considering you also made a viewmodel gun kit.

The trick itself i did with FE Gun kit was to upload animation to roblox then get the gun to weld, play and copy character while equipping to paste after stopping game (it would require script to change RightGrip replace Motor6D because it’s clearly welded to Right hand and not rigged)

Alternatively you can use animation events to get signal and make the mag drop by cloning and disconnect the weld (also make sure the main mag we cloned is invisible) it may not feel like we are holding a mag but that is easier than the method i did.

Since this package is more of a third person animation collection, I’m hoping to release my old animation that’s being left unused but won’t include it in this one since it’s making it going off.

1 Like