Silk+ v2.8 (A classic look for Studio's Design Refresh)

(my first resource post here, correct me if i do some things wrong)

The base of this icon pack comes from: Classic Instance Icons Pack for Design Refresh
make sure to check it out too!

This icon pack primarly focuses on adding icon classes to obscure instances, such as SkateboardController! or the extra services, the RibbonBar, you name it! whilest keeping the main look of the classic icons!

See Update Logs down below for more information
Silk+v2.8.zip (607.6 KB)

For this to work, you MUST enable this Beta Feature! This feature is now public, you no longer need to enable the Beta Feature!

Extract the .zip and put the file somewhere permant, go to Roblox Studio, FILE > Studio Settings > Studio and then you should see Custom Icon Dir, click on it and select Silk+ ABOVE RobloxCustom, restart studio and wallah!

screenshot image:

Update Logs

Silk+ v1.0
Silk+ v1.2
  • Made the colors of the Humanoid class styled like the noob avatar
  • Added icons for BubbleChatConfiguration and SelectionSphere
  • Added different icons for Value instances, meshes, and Frames!
  • Tweaked TextBox and RopeConstraint slightly
  • Added an icon for TouchTransmitter (apparently wont show up)
  • Fixed Clouds icon not matching the original one

Silk+ v1.2.zip (298.4 KB)

Silk+ v2.7
  • Added the classic icons to the RibbonBars, massive thanks to @alpharetzy2
  • Fixed conflictions with Ribbons
  • Added alot of new icons to services and instances that i forgot about
  • Revised, reworked alot of the service icons
  • Added several (my own) icons to certain stuff that didn’t exist before the Studio Design Refresh
  • Fixed the icon for TouchTransmitter
  • Reverted Clouds icon to look seperate for Sky Instance
  • Sky instances, and atmosphere instances has received a slight change to differentiate from eatchother

Silk+ v2.7.zip (592.2 KB)

Silk+ v2.8
  • Updated a few pre-existing icons
  • Added icons to missing instances
  • Added icons to the new Tour tab and the Texture Generator ribbon I couldn’t get this to work, seems Roblox hasn’t added a name or a way to replace that texture yet

Silk+v2.8.zip (607.6 KB)

If you have any issues relating to installation of this, please make sure you did everything as instructed.
Othervise just post down a issue down in the replies!

Follow me on Twitter! twitter-97 My ROBLOX! roblox

80 Likes

i forgot to mention that most these icons come from famfamfam.com: Silk Icons Preview
:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Sorry for the bump, but thank you! This is a godsend, since Roblox disabled the old icons feature.

7 Likes

I cannot see the “Enable DPI Aware Studio”

3 Likes

It is because the beta feature isn’t in beta anymore. It’s enabled by default. You can still change the icons though.

4 Likes

oh yeah, i should probably update the post about that
thanks for reminding me

2 Likes

do you think you could host this on github or something other than devforum?

2 Likes

YOOO THIS IS SO GOOD TYSM MAN. I hate the new studio icons.

5 Likes

not gonna lie here, im horrible with github
it’s outta my league

And yes! i know that it could be made sure that there is no viruses inside of it, but like i dont know alot about viruses soo yeah… you can check if you want to

It’s just a icon pack. I doubt there is any viruses in there at all.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for this! The new icons were pretty distracting and messing with my workflow and productivity.

2 Likes

Oh my, thank you so much!

This is going to make browsing studio 50x easier!

5 Likes

very cool. I dislike the new icons very confusing.

2 Likes

I’ve now made an icon set that brings back all of the old icons! Not just classes, but also the Ribbon, Quick Access Toolbar, and Start Page icons!

Download link:

9 Likes

Instructions:

1. Click on the link and click the download button in the top-right.
  2. Once it is downloaded, extract it to somewhere
  3. Open Studio, then click FILE, then Studio Settings
  4. Once you’re in, go to Directories > Custom Icon Dir, then choose the Dark Mode or Light Mode folder depending on your Studio theme. Make sure to not select the RobloxCustom folder!
  5. Close it, then restart Studio to apply it.
2 Likes

That is… actually really interesting! Heck i was working on a large update on silk+ for a while now which was to bring back all of the RibbonBar icons.

May i ask how you managed to pull this off and by getting these icons?
And if i was allowed to build Silk+ and it’s future updates on this? (with credit of course)

even if you say no, it is a really nice job of you!

2 Likes

I mainly grabbed these from a dumped RobloxStudioBeta executable, and some from the content/textures folder.

I used a qt extract script to dump the executable.

2 Likes

That’s because the ones in the content/textures folder wasn’t enough.
So i dumped the executable so i can see all of the old icons that are stored in the program itself, and the main source of grabbing those icons.

1 Like

This is what it could look like:

Plugins tab:

Because the amount of plugins that i have, i had to take 2 screenshots just to do it.

1 Like

Massive thanks for the response! Where did you exactly get the dumped RobloxStudioBeta? Oh and im still wondering if i could use this in future versions of Silk+! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes