Souls-like RPG Game Devlog #2 - I am starting again!

Dragons, PBR Materials?

Hello guys, I am XYXTENTAC1ON and I am here to show you the game that I’ve been working on for the past year now!

Check out my last devlog here!: Souls-like RPG in development!

I am starting again!

So last time i showcased you guys the world. I took a small step back and realised that this wasnt what i wanted to make. The world was simply too bright. So I decided to start again. I deleted EVERYTHING. I kept my scripts of course but I cleared all terrain and deleted all parts from the workspace.

Okay, so what now?

I took some time out to learn blender and substance painter (for textures) and I made some decent progress. I found concept art on Pintrest and I’m using it to help me build my world! So far i dont have a lot but I’ve made significant progress in learning Blender and Substance Painter. So expect a higher quality world now! I have two gifs for you guys:

Image from Gyazo

Image from Gyazo

Which concept arts are you using?

This is the second screenshot

Remember: These wont directly translate to the world but i

What about the dragon?

I have been working on that too! I managed to texture a good model and animate it a little. I’ll really be focusing on getting back to where i was on the map first and then I’ll continue with him!
Sadly his textures are broken because of Roblox’s bad moderation system, but ill fix it by next devlog! See you guys in a month (maybe less if i finish the first part in that time).

17 Likes

Love the idea of this game and I fully support it! I hope to see this game succeed and give players a great experience! The map looks beautiful and I would be more than willing to test/help out/support your game! Good luck!

1 Like

Beautiful, the tunnel with the water and the waterfall is incredible . Love it so much!

1 Like

I will need people to test out the game soon. I hope i can count on you!

Of course you can! I will be more than willing to!