Hello guys, I am XYXTENTAC1ON and I am here to show you the game that I’ve been working on for the past year now!
Here are some screenshots of the game:
This is an RPG inspired by the great series "Dark Souls’ made by Hidetaka Miyazaki. I am going for a dark fantasy style RPG, with classes, bosses and deep lore! I’ve been working on this project for almost a year now and I’ve gotten quite far.
I do everything myself; from modelling, scripting, writing lore, animations, UI and everything else. While this is definitely going to take longer, I feel like the game will stay true to my original vision if I solo dev most of it first. I have already planned a trilogy and will be working with others on those games!
I’ll do the most interesting first!
A fully fledged Character with many choices and combinations to make with options like:
Gender (Torso), Scars, Hair, Mouth, Eyes, Facepaint, Accessories and base clothing (will eventually be changed to armor)
Be prepared to make awesome and unique characters!
- Rolling: the soul of souls games
- Melee Attacks
As you can see, there is also a stamina system and all combat moves will take some stamina!
There is also blocking, but i am unhappy with the current state of it. It will be updated later.
You also have the ability to change stances! There will be 3 stances for each weapon type (and special stances for special weapons!). The stances are: Light, Heavy and Special. This will add lots of variation to the combat and PVP.
Spells are also coming, but I haven’t updated the code to my latest iteration of my combat script.
You have 3 weapon slots and 1 healing slots. The stances will replace One and Two handed combat from the souls series.
- Completely working Inventory system
- Beginning part of the game is complete
- Modular systems to add more weapons/clothes easily
- AI enemies (needs some refinement but it works)
- Boss AI, (the first boss must stay a secret but its finished)
- Bonfire system (enemies reset when you
- heal at an Altar (as its called in my game))
My inventory system in its current state (quests tab will be removed) :
The Skeleton Greatsword in its heavy stance :
- Adding stats, classes, levels and XP
- Adding a multiplayer function (up to four players or 10 for PVP)
- Fix the lock on system
- Adding and curating music
- 3D Armor, more weapons and spells
- Dialogue needs to be written
- Combat needs to be less janky
- Finish building the world
I think this will take me two or three more years to finish. I hope to actually get most of it done by next year and then start my marketing by then.
- I am going to try and code spells right now. I want a multitude of different types!
- After that I will try to put all my Character creator models and inventory images into viewports. Which would be more modular and easier because I don’t need to use photoshop.
- Then I’ll add my first NPC and do the dialog.
- After I’ll continue worldbuilding. I already have a couple of sketches and ideas for the next area!
Well that’s all I have to show for this devlog. I’ll try to do this once a week or every two weeks, depending on if my updates were interesting or not. Let me know how you feel down below, or if you’d like me to add anything! Thank you for reading!
All screenshots are from the first area of the game. These places may be unfinished.