It’s a little late because we had so much work to do preparing for RDC, but here’s our Monthly Recap for July!
Roblox is hiring! We’re looking for members of our developer community to fill these roles:
- Front End Lua Engineer - Growth: apply here.
We want to thank all of the developers who participated in our live-ops events. Their events ranged from pinata parties to terrifying Yetis, and we appreciated the developers who worked with us on events for their games.
- 2 Player House Tycoon
- Dynamic Ship Simulator III
- Escape The Dentist Obby!
- Find the Noobs 2
- Firework Simulator
- Ghost Simulator
- Military Simulator
- Movie Park
- Murder 15
- Pinewood Computer Core
- Rapid Runs
- Ripull Minigames
- Seconds Till Death
- Star Sorority
- Survive The Thing
- TPS: Street Soccer
- Ultimate Speed Simulator
- Vehicle Tycoon
Interested in applying to have your game featured for a live-ops event? You can read all about it here: Roblox 2019 Events Update
Developer Content: Developer Spotlights
In the past months, we put the spotlight on a few developers and their Roblox development stories. Learn about some of your peers here:
- Developer Spotlight: Neutre https://medium.com/roblox-developer/developer-spotlight-neutre-abcdbcc18c6a
- Developer Spotlight: Nezko https://medium.com/roblox-developer/developer-spotlight-nezko-b14d2ae2a042
Developer Content: Special Developer Publications
We also published an article written by @jandel and another article about Adopt Me! shattering the record for concurrent players:
- “From the Devs”: Why Roblox is Going to Change the World, by Jandel https://medium.com/roblox-developer/from-the-devs-why-roblox-is-going-to-change-the-world-by-jandel-ba8a468bab30
- Outstanding Achievement: Developers Discuss the Update That Got Adopt Me! over 400k Concurrent Players https://medium.com/outstanding-achievements/outstanding-achievement-developers-discuss-update-that-got-adopt-me-over-400k-concurrent-players-f3592d06a88
Updates and Changes
A lot of changes have been made to the platform in the past two months - check out what new features and updates you may have missed:
- Sunsetting LinkedSource Scripts
- Changes to Top Contributor and other distinctive forum titles
- Faster Lua VM: Production test run
- Texture Offsets 2019
- New constraint and CanCollideWith API change
- Improved Asset Management Process Now Live
- Updated process for achieving "Member" on the DevForum
Check out our release notes as well for any changes to our API you may not be aware of:
- Release Notes for 392
- Release Notes for 393
- Release Notes for 394
- Release Notes for 395
- Release Notes for 396
- Release Notes for 397
RDC was an absolute blast! We loved meeting everyone who was able to attend in Burlingame and London!
We released our blog article earlier this week with some of our highlights: https://blog.roblox.com/2019/08/highlights-rdc-2019/
Stay tuned for more pictures from the event!
A more in-depth look at RDC2019 will be featured in the August recap.