Typing in the script editor is extremely slow in macOS

i’m on MacOS Catalina, MacBook Air

Currently experiencing this issue on:
macOS Big Sur 11.0 Beta 20A4299v
macOS Catalina 10.15.5

System specs:

Where do I find that?
“com.Roblox.RobloxStudio”

i found it with the com files…, not sure if you have that folder.

Unfortunately this fix isn’t working for me, I’m on a fresh install of macOS and Studio rn and I’m experiencing this out of the box, no com files have been created yet.

They’re both fresh installs, I wiped my Mac completely and installed both OSes.

UPDATE: After finding some com related files and reinstalling studio: this issue is still persisting (I am currently using Catalina)

I have also seen reports of this issue on Windows machines as well, which I have linked below:

im using windows 10

studio will do the same.

it only happens in scripts baseplate world is fine just only in scripts it slows down in…

it will lag skip across screen while in said script…

Tried that, this happened https://imgur.com/a/jET5vJX

Fixed it by reinstalling studio, it works now, thanks.

This has been happening to me ever sense I got my new iMac 2020 27", did anyone find a real way to fix this? I’ve been trying to find a way to fix this! I got my new Mac around a week or 2 ago… What should I do

1 Like

Create a new user account on your Mac and then download studio on that, this fix I discovered a few months back and seems to help provide at least a temporary solution for those facing the issue. It is a bit annoying having to pivot accounts but it works.

2 Likes

I’ve solved the problem, I’m not exactly sure if this will work for anyone else though. I’ve noticed that its because of my massive monitor size, (27") I’d recommend anyone with a monitor above 12.5" to scale down there Roblox studio whenever scripting!

1 Like

Just throwing this in there, I have the same issue with a 16" MacBook Pro using the MacOS 11/Big Sur open beta.

3 Likes

Worked for me. Studio is so fast now. Studio used to be much slower for me, it is like the feeling you get when you lose 99 pounds of fat. I don’t know if this is temporary or will last for a long time, but nonetheless, I have never been more excited to open studio!

TD:LR: It works great (Just tried it so I don’t know if it is long-term).

1 Like

Deleting that file proved it efficient. I will provide you a copy of my old preference file if there’s anything of interests.

1 Like

This issue started again for me last week. The only solution that worked for me was to delete the /Users/USER/Library/WebKit/com.Roblox.RobloxStudio folder. Now everything is fast again.

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

5 Likes

In this announcement 3 years ago, Roblox described a workaround for this bug. Changing the display’s color profile to “Generic RGB Profile” worked when I tested it today, didn’t even have to restart studio. Unfortunately this color profile looks much worse than the default “Color LCD” profile. I’m running the official release of Big Sur (not beta):

4 Likes

Hey @CoolJohnnyboy! We’re looking into this internally and have a few questions:

• Does the workaround above work for you?
  • Can you provide us with some plist files to debug the issue?
  • Can you provide us some more information about the plugins like which plugins you’re using and which settings?

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

I just saw this, this happened to me before. But I fixed it. I simply uninstalled and reinstalled Studio and it fixed a bunch of stuff. I use a 2011 iMac running High Sierra.

1 Like