Upcoming Changes to Avatar Catalog Upload Requirements

This made my day a little brighter after hearing this, I agree.

6 Likes

i like and hate this, do people with premium get to upload these things for free, as previously established, or do they too have to pay the full price? if so, what even is the point of premium at that moment; trading has become merely a relic of the past (at least i and many others i asked do not see a reason in trading anymore)

3 Likes

I agree. From the business stand point I also own a group with 900+ members 2 1k+ members and 32k+ members. This would be EXTREMELY hard for us to create revenue because we would have to pay the designers in addition to now uploading clothes

7 Likes

I think this is a good solution, but only if they automatically remove each pants and shirt in the catalog so far that is the same to one created previously, so that only the ones that were created first remain, 100 robux is a lot because clothing designers earn very little, but if they remove all copies, then clothing designers will earn more than enough.

After that, if the fee and captcha works for prevent bots to upload clothing, then there will not be more copies in the catalog, otherwise they should implement a more ingenious method.

(I replied to the wrong post accidentaly)

4 Likes

I feel like by the end of 2021 Premium will be completely useless.

8 Likes

So basically it’s summarized to me like this…

• Premium takes another step towards becoming pointless. At this point just let non-premiums devex because that’s the only reason I have to continue buying it.

• The botting problem might not actually drop after the change. I hope for the best, but really we’ll only know the results through time. One thing for sure is this solution isn’t perfect.

• Uploading clothing suddenly isn’t something you could just do for fun anymore. Anyone who has dealt with uploading audio on roblox knows the frustration of having to pay to reupload several times if there’s a small error or you just want it to be a little louder. Clothing will now share the same costly frustration.

Great links, roblox needs to look into those before making a big change like this. This is a band-aid solution at most that may or may not actually work.

And now for the main reply section:

While in theory this sounds great, I don’t think it’s as easy to implement as you imagine. There is a lot of clothing on roblox that the system would have to check.

Again, good in theory, but not so simple to implement in reality. Consider questions like:

• How would the process of becoming an approved designer work?
  • How would roblox handle approved designers copying someone else’s work?
  • How would designers prove that someone copied them?
  • What if someone only partly copied someone else’s work, would roblox accept that? If so, how much copying would be allowed?

It’s not just black and white, a system like that takes a lot of thought and can get controversial fast. Roblox would also need additional staff to operate the system.

Sometimes with all the rthro stuff roblox is pushing around, it makes me feel like they are heading that direction. However, I think that even the big dogs of roblox understand how important clothing is to the platform.

Haha, has anyone on the roblox team ever actually attempted the clothing captcha with the spinning animal balls? I don’t want to get too off-topic here, so I’ll just leave this thread Impossible Roblox Captcha.

No one knows this for sure and I personally wouldn’t assume it.

The question here is, what is the more ingenious method? Roblox is making a major change to their platform here, it shouldn’t be viewed as a minor test to see if it scares the bots off.

16 Likes

That’s cool and all it can stop botting but how about the smaller clothing designers, or the new ones that just started? They won’t be making the robux they spend to upload the shirts back making them lose interest or give up on it. And let’s be serious most of us can’t be buying robux whenever we want. Also this takes another feature of premium away making it not really worth buying, the only things you will be basically getting is a bit more robux with purchases and that’s it? I am not a fan of this update, if you want to stop botting you should probably find a better way to do it instead of charging people to upload the clothing they want.

5 Likes

I think it’s Great I can finally make my Own Outfit!

1 Like

as I clothing designer I have to say this update is terrible. not only copiers exist, but now you are letting EVERYONE upload?? more people will have the option to copy. and small designers, what about them? they barely make anything, so now you have to make them pay just to hopefully get their money back from uploading? I get that they are trying to fix the copying issue, but that’s not the way at ALL. this will only damage small designers, and bring more copiers to the catalog.

16 Likes

Building and scripting is not of a higher level than clothing. Yes, building and scripting are necessary and I see how you think clothing might not be. Are graphics necessary? Is UI design necessary? Is composing necessary? No, but it amplifies the experience for a Roblox player just like clothing does. Clothing and accessories gives players a reason to buy Robux. Please don’t make it seem like builders and scripters are more important than clothing designers, we are all equal and deserve similar treatment.

16 Likes

completely agree. your point about the premium feature is also really true. they keep removing features from premium, which honestly makes people not want to buy it.

5 Likes

Well, I think they hope this will stop bots, I don’t think it’s an experiment to see if it works.

But such a solution doesn’t work because bots still have clothes in the catalog with which they can earn money, and clothing designers won’t be able to make more clothes because they don’t earn enough.

But I firmly think that if they clean up the catalog, this will be the perfect solution.

5 Likes

There are other ways to stop bots instead of adding a fee. Bots make tons of robux from stolen clothing so you think a fee will be a solution? I don’t think this will solve anything at all, yeah it will reduce the amount of copied clothes by a bit but it will still be happening. If this change can reduce the amount of copied clothes on the catalog by a lot then yeah i might like the change but it’s not happening, people will always find a way to copy clothes with fee or no fee.

7 Likes

My only problem with it being applied to the Library is that people then will find it harder to put models onsale or exchange them with friends if their only communication with them is on ROBLOX itself.

1 Like

Yes I think it is a possible solution, I think Roblox has in mind that bots can pay the fee, so let’s see what happens.

If you say that people will always find a way to copy clothes, then why do you want Roblox to fix it if it has no fix?

2 Likes

I dind‘t saw this in that way, ok, now I can understand why this is too much. Sorry for this!

2 Likes

This will help with botting but can you please lower the fee price for shirts and pants it could be 5 robux and for t-shirts it could be 2 robux. An expensive fee like this would kill off much of the catalog since most users wont be able to pay the fee its like creating a group cause a group is 100 robux but doing that every time you upload a clothing asset.

1 Like

No worries at all! Ty for your understanding :white_heart:

4 Likes

I honestly think that to much has been blocked behind premium and it is still worth buying it.

This is honestly devastating to small designers. We’re now out of the business. We can’t afford the 100 fee, many of us would be lucky to make that from 5 or 6 outfits. The rich are gonna get richer and that’s it, it doesn’t help the rest of us from bots. New designers won’t get into the market cause they don’t have starting funds. Roblox has now officially set the date of execution for the design community and who’d have thought it would be so soon?

13 Likes