Upload Custom Materials in the New Material Service Beta

Would be really nice for the MaterialPattern Organic to work with regular parts. I hate being able to see repetition on longer, curved roads.

4 Likes

THAT MY PROBLEM TOO
reall onnoying actually

1 Like

How do i get the og material picker, the material manager is good but dont replace the material picker with it :frowning:

occasionally some of the materials get “reset” and just display a flat texture instead

the materialvarient works fine when set to other images but whenever you set it back to the same image it goes flat again.
image works fine as a decal.
even once rejoining the place the material stays stuck flat until you completely restart studio

1 Like

This way of uploading materials is slightly less efficient now. They released the new material manager here:

It has all the abilities of creating custom materials and such.

Hello , so I finally made a post about the feature i was talking about ( its a little bit of-topic because it talks a lot about surface apperance, but its stil has a lot to do with materialvariants)
it would be nice to help me adress this to the roblox staff and maybe make these dreams real, I look forward to the possibility that this feature will bring to roblox studio

Thank you for your help in this matter :smiley:

Will there ever be parallax mapping?

2 Likes

i hope it but i think its too expensive for rendering

Custom materials are still broken :disappointed:

I would wait a few days. If were lucky they will most likely roll out a patch this Thursday.

well that didnt happen

could they please release this

Last time i checked it was resolved, if you have any future issues regarding that you can add on to this

it’s not in the main engine though right? it works in studio but i’d really like to use this for my games now

Correct, none of materialservice has been released into live games.

Regarding this, I really recommend making Terrain Colours and Material Service to be merged together. Let’s say I want to change a color of the actual Material that I’ve created. I don’t really want to go to Terrain and check it’s properties, it’s way more efficient to create similar properties for that Material.

I really liked the old material button where you could just select from a dropdown, rather than the now complicated UI. I think it would be good to have both because I used the dropdown a hell of a lot

2 Likes

its not complicated anymore, they updated it

I still prefered the speed of just having a quick dropdown for simple material changes, rather than what it is now

Properties Tab.

Not as quick as it was before though - and no preview like there was next to the name