[v2.1.3] DisableCoreGUIFunctions Beta

DisableCoreGUIFunctions (version 2.1.3)

image image

Hello developers, I am writing today in the Resources category to showcase a plugin that I’ve had out for a while. This has recently became open-source due to me wanting to focus on a new plugin which will be far more advanced than this (I don’t actually see myself ever working on this):

Help continue supporting us: Rii-built Studios Project Center - Roblox

Getting started

First, download the plugin which is available at the GitHub Repo (you won’t get updates automatically) or on the Roblox Plugin Marketplace*.

Now, let’s go through each of these features that comes with the plugin.

The first option disables the chat (if you messed with ChatSettings it may still show), the next option disables your Backpack, the next option disables the health bar that pops up when you take damage. The next option disables emotes, disable leaderboard disables the playerlist, disable shiftlock disables the shift lock switch and finally, disable reset disables the reset button in the Roblox menu. Disable All CoreGUI Functions performs the functions of the other buttons all at once.

Forks

Toggle CoreUI by @Rezzorex (not recommended right now due to unneeded script creation): https://www.roblox.com/library/6079836268/Toggle-CoreUI
Disable Core Functions by @SillyMeTimbers: https://www.roblox.com/library/6846552286/Disable-Core-Functions

Hopefully this tool will be able to improve your Roblox game, if you would like to contribute to the project then please fork it on GitHub and send in some pull requests :smiley:

I will not be doing much work on this plugin anymore, like I stated earlier but I highly encourage people who do know how to script to work on this project.

Have a nice day everyone!

auroraSuite* - Multiple tools to help create experiences with

DisableCoreGUIFunctions (currently viewing) - Disable chat, leaderboard and other elements easily

GroupMe - Easy grouping of instances by class type

FolderTool Pro - Group items into folders easily

StudioFetch - See cool stats about your Roblox Studio install

* Plugin requires a fee to download from the Plugin Marketplace, but has a free version on GitHub available. ** Plugin requires a fee to download from the Plugin Marketplace, no free version available.

30 Likes

The plugin takes up a lot of space on the ribbon, it’d be much better to make a plugin gui for this in my opinion. I find this plugin kinda pointless anyways; you can easily find out how to do these things via the DevForum or the DevHub, even with little to no scripting knowledge.

15 Likes

I do agree and I have had concerns mentioned before about it taking a lot of space on the ribbon [personally mine just shows a box with a down arrow to see all the functions]. Hopefully by making this open-source users will be able to make their own GUI’s. I’m planning to make a much more advanced version called TweakBlox which is not going to be out for a long while.

1 Like

I do technically have a private version with part of the actual GUI coded but I’m moving onto other projects, one of which I’ve just updated and the other is yet to be started. I will still be contributing to this but in the form of modifying pull requests.

1 Like

What’s the point of this resource when you can just do:

local StarterGui = game:GetService("StarterGui")

StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(ThingHere, false/true)

It’s literally 2 lines of code.

14 Likes

Would you be ok if I were to fork this and publish a version with a UI instead of a bunch of toolbar buttons. I would give you credit for all the code, and I will maintain it.

3 Likes

Because some people can’t write literally 1 line of code.

cc @lexidog5

2 Likes

All it took was a search on DDG for “disable core gui roblox”.
The top result was a DevHub page about it.

The page contains a list of CoreGuiType EnumItems and has working, easily modifiable code examples that you can use. You don’t need to know how to script to do this, especially considering that Lua is made in a way to make it easier to understand by humans, even for people who don’t know scripting.

5 Likes

Not really like everyone developing uses DevHub :man_shrugging:

I mean, people develop outside the DevForum you know, you might not have even heard of DevHub but have created a game.

1 Like

The point of this is so,
One: Non-Scripters can do this easily.
Two: Newbs, Non-Scripters, Lazy People, and people on a time limit can easily do this without having to write any code and/or do this quickly and easily.

2 Likes

That’s where plugins are found…

Also I can push a button in two seconds, writing that code takes 30 seconds.

Non-scripters shouldn’t mess with this anyways. In most situations, you’d want to disable these to replace them with a more fitting alternative for your project. There’s no way you’d be able to do it without having a scripter behind it.

Not really. Sometimes you’ll want chat turned off for a game like a showcase.

3 Likes

Thank you for this plugin, very helpful!

1 Like

This plugins great, I really don’t mind having a cramped space by a plugin.

10/10

1 Like

That is true but it can still save time. No matter how small or how big it saves time by, it still saves time.

Yeah it is absolutely fine, that’s why it is open-source after all! All I need is credits and you’ve mentioned you’ll do that.

If it’s good enough, also file a pull request and I might pull it over to the main repo.

1 Like

Yes, you can do a quick search but it’s much easier for most people to have a plugin to do it.

I rarely use DevHub, I often prefer YouTube tutorials.

Exactly, pressing a button is much easier than writing a line of code.

1 Like

Thank you @Nariox and @bacionhairmanfur2.

I know it is cramped for some people and it is an issue, personally the cramped toolbar isn’t annoying for me as for whatever reason, basically all my plugins that have a multiple button has a Dropdown box.