[v1.0.0] GroupMe - Groups instances by class

GroupMe Icon GroupMe (version 1.0.0)

Hello everyone! This is my latest plugin GroupMe. It allows you to effortlessly group instances by class type. In fact, let me give you an example before and after using GroupMe on game.Workspace.

Before using GroupMe:

It’s not really that messy as it’s more of a demonstration, but take a look at after using GroupMe. It’s infinitely better.

After using GroupMe:

It looks way cleaner doesn’t it? And yes, you might have noticed that one of the folders didn’t get moved, and that’s because developers will be able to set an attribute to ignore a certain instance for being grouped.

WARNING: This may break scripts in your game, but I am not responsible if some of your scripts do not work properly.

For plugin developers

To ensure maximum compatibility with GroupMe and to ignore folders used by your plugin from being grouped, please add the “GroupMe_Ignore” attribute, and set it to true to minimize disruption.

For easier use, I’ve created some icons that you can add onto your DevForum pages to signify compatibility.

Plugin compatibility

If your plugin depends on folders that aren’t being moved, please follow the steps above to make your plugin compatible and please contact me to add your plugin to the compatibility list.

This list only should be used for plugins that create folders for temporary (or permanent use):

• DisableCoreGUIFunctions (from v2.1.2)
  • FolderTool Pro (from v1.0.1)
  • Tree Generator (by @sleitnick) (partial compatibility, settings seems to be able to be grouped with no issues, but grouping generatedtrees seems to make a new folder when next generating trees)

Download

Thank you for downloading!

auroraSuite* - Multiple tools to help create experiences with

DisableCoreGUIFunctions - Disable chat, leaderboard and other elements easily

GroupMe (currently viewing) - Easy grouping of instances by class type

FolderTool Pro - Group items into folders easily

StudioFetch - See cool stats about your Roblox Studio install

* Plugin requires a fee to download from the Plugin Marketplace, but has a free version on GitHub available.

3 Likes

I think this would be very useful to have everything in one place. Good job!

1 Like

Seems useful. Does is keep the children of the instance?

It groups the children of the instance. Any children of the children remain where they are.

1 Like

Really sorry about the lack of updates here. Made this plugin free now since the incoming changes to the store. Don’t think this plugin actually got a single sale anyways.

I’ve attached a letter I’ve published below on Sharkey to inform users why this is changing: ExperiencersInternational (@experiencer) | Lethal Lava Land

Regarding my plugins on the marketplace

Hello everyone,

As you may know, the Creator Store is moving to USD payments on Monday April 8th. Due to some restrictions, I am unable to offer any of my plugins under the new system so I need to make some changes.

From today (March 6th), I will be making the majority of my plugins free to download. This includes DisableCoreGUIFunctions, GroupMe and FolderTool Pro.

The free version of FolderTool will be discontinued from sale shortly since there is no longer a reason for me to have the free version running.

auroraSuite WILL remain paid for now at the price of 380 Robux however this will not increase for the remaining 33 days on sale. I am currently considering my options on whether to move this plugin to a free model or discontinue sale on the Creator Store.

For the plugins that I am making free today, I promise that even if the restrictions on selling plugins for USD gets lifted, I’ll be keeping these free. I am not prepared to sell my 100 Robux plugins for $4.99 at this present moment.

If you would like to support my work, please check out auroraSuite or leave me a donation.

If you want to stay up to date with my latest work, I have an account on the fediverse at @experiencer@lethallava.land.

Thank you,
GamersInternational (a.k.a. ExperiencersInternational)