[v3!] TopbarPlus v3.0.0 | Construct intuitive topbar icons; customise them with themes, dropdowns, captions, labels and much more

finally!! thank you!

3 Likes

I have been having this issue where any form of changing the zindex/basezindex results in the same following error:

Please can you fix this?
Current form of changing zindex:

My current workaround is changing object.ZIndex = ...
to
if object:IsA("GuiObject") then object.ZIndex = ... end

The setLeftOffset() function offers different results depending on the device. Mobile and studio both show it closer to the left. While PC shows it further to the right. However, on higher resolution mobile device (iPhone 12 Max), it appears the same as on PC. On iPhone 6, it matches the studio behavior.

Showing behavior with “Home” button.

IconController.setLeftOffset(145)

PC:
Studio / Low-end mobile:

The Frame that it’s overlapping is 310px X offset with 0 scale.

Thanks for the bug report! I’ll look at having this fixed by today :+1:

@Humza I’ll also look into this, thanks for sharing

3 Likes

@ForeverHD Please can you look into this as well, thanks!

Sure can, is this happening in a game with R6 or R15?

I believe this might be happening because GetCoreGuiEnabled for Emotes still returns true (for enabled) even when disabled within games using R6. I can update TopbarPlus to account for this if that’s the issue.

R15:

R6:

1 Like

Looking into this further I think it’s caused by the ‘Beta’ label offset for Voice Chat instead of the SetLeftOffset:

This activates on PC if your game has VoiceChatEnabled but remains invisible if your server size is larger than the maximum required for VoiceChat (I believe 50).

I recommend:

1. Increasing the offset to 190 IconController.setLeftOffset(190)
  2. Disabling Voice Chat or reducing your server size to be less than 50 players
1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. I don’t have voice chat enabled in this game and server size is 8 players.

Yes, can confirm this is happening for R6.

Thanks for your feedback, I’ve created a feature request as this is currently impossible to check for:

As a temporary patch I’ll introduce an IconController variable in 2.8.0 which you can update manually.

1 Like

v2.8.0

Highlights🕺

• :earth_americas: Localization compatability
  • :lollipop: RichText compatability
  • :sparkles: New methods
  • :sparkles: New events
  • :bug: Many improvements and bug fixes

You can find all the chunky details here: :hippopotamus:

:warning: Important

If your game uses VoiceChat you must add the following code alongside your TopbarPlus code:

local ReplicatedStorage = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage")
local IconController = require(ReplicatedStorage.Icon.IconController)
IconController.voiceChatEnabled = true

This is to overcome an issue from Roblox’s BETA label explained in more detail here.

:pineapple: Credit

Thanks to everyone who reported bugs and helped in this update:

15 Likes

Hey! I recently implemented TopbarPlus into my game, and my chat icon keeps disappearing. I’ve narrowed it down to TopbarPlus because when I disable the script, the chat icon will stay. Essentially what happens is when you click off of chat, the chat box and icon disappears for a few seconds, then reappears.

Before chat disappears:
Screenshot 2022-10-03 114539

After chat disappears:
Screenshot 2022-10-03 114626

Any idea how to fix this?

1 Like

Replaced buttons on the side of the screen with top bar buttons :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

and @BillB1ox https://devforum.roblox.com/t/topbarplus-v280-construct-intuitive-topbar-icons-customise-them-with-themes-dropdowns-captions-labels-and-much-more/1017485/599?u=foreverhd

This can now be achieved in v2.9.0 by doing:

IconController.disableControllerOption(true)

@AridFights1 https://devforum.roblox.com/t/topbarplus-v280-construct-intuitive-topbar-icons-customise-them-with-themes-dropdowns-captions-labels-and-much-more/1017485/168

Debounce is now also an official method in v2.9.0 :+1:

icon:debounce(seconds)
3 Likes

Exit being named Ex?

I stop hovering and it becomes this huge?
For you to know, this is the only thing inside it (I’ve renamed it to Leave and it’s still occuring)

I have tried this work around and still nothing

1 Like

Are there any errors in the output?

Nope, just the screenshots I have shown which have weird behaviour (exit not being fully rendered and only ex shows), (when selected and un-hovered the button doesn’t return to the “normal” state with the size of an empty label)

Also you confused me and i thought u were @ForeverHD

2 Likes

You should set IconController.voiceChatEnabled to nil so everytime I won’t get a warning when I already set the value to false

--------------- I DON'T NEED TO DELETE THIS ---------------
		localPlayer.PlayerGui:WaitForChild("TopbarPlus", 999)
		task.delay(10, function()
			checkVoiceChatManuallyEnabled()
			if IconController.voiceChatEnabled == nil and success and enabledForUser and isStudio then
				warn("⚠️TopbarPlus Action Required⚠️ If VoiceChat is enabled within your experience it's vital you set IconController.voiceChatEnabled to true ``require(game.ReplicatedStorage.Icon.IconController).voiceChatEnabled = true`` otherwise the BETA label will not be accounted for within your live servers. This warning will disappear after doing so. Feel free to delete this warning if you have not enabled VoiceChat within your experience.")
			end
		end)
		------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Like