What are you working on currently? (2020)

A Low-Poly Apartment, I guess?

7 Likes

Built a rendering engine on roblox from scratch!

It has:

• diffuse lighting calculations
  • raytraced shadows
  • raytraced reflections (!)
  • fog

Here are some images rendered at (almost) realtime

Each pixel rendered is a GUI Frame which makes it very inefficient because it needs to change the color of tens of thousands of frames each time. Unfortunately there’s no better way to do this since roblox doesn’t allow us to directly draw pixels on the screen.

Here’s a gif of it running in realtime
(very low res needed to actually get some decent fps)

https://i.gyazo.com/2b15c5126fc48e59f1c2cdac355d2e1d.mp4

31 Likes

Thats amazing. I wouldn’t have thought that possible without roblox supporting it.

3 Likes

Almost finished for christmas btw future lighting is the best :night_with_stars: :christmas_tree:

29 Likes

Honeycomb valley

23 Likes

Updating this

2 Likes

I made this festive showcase.

Game link: Snowy Island [Showcase] - Roblox

12 Likes

I think you mean blender as he stated in his reply.

1 Like

Obviously the tree was modeled in blender but I think what he meant was the snow, did you just duplicate and resize the tree or did you actually go to to blender to add snow? Better?

1 Like

No offense but this map look futurist but bland, no extraordinary architecture, the only colors that i really see is purple and blue, the road is very bland, no futuristic road and sidewalk systems (Designs not scripts). I think you understand what i’m trying to say. You stated the as an “tropical glowing metropolis” but i see only one plant… also there are too many skyscrapers, you could maybe add some stadiums, attractions like statues and really weird statues lol but that would make this map extraordinary

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing out the empty roads and the lack of building variety. However, the palmtrees and the colors are everywhere (palmtrees on the highway, some roads, near buildings etc, even including some artificially recolored ones), but the purple and blue sticks out much more during night time. There are also some unique landmark structures, though I haven’t shown them because they’re in unfinished parts of the city. Still appreciate the criticism though.

1 Like

Ok what I meant by i only see one plant was i only see one type of plant. Maybe add a variety of other plants including more trees (also the tree at set at one rotation which may cause a little more blandness). I only pointed that out because you gave the Tropical glowing metropolis an over exaggerating title.

2 Likes

Getting ready for Christmas.

12 Likes

I can assist you with your project Queegly#6513

Music for my game

9 Likes

Note to self: Don’t UV Unwrap something if you don’t know what you’re doing.

Working on a pig head for something…

5 Likes

Here’s something I’m working on, it’s part of a massive project I’m working that’ll be space themed currently it’s only around 10% done and there is way more detail that’s missing as well as lighting.

15 Likes

Made some bushes recently which took fairly fast and will be part of a scenery pack I will be selling
image also randomly made this hole (parking lot is from google and I made the hole)
Made some food which definitely isn’t the best since I’m still pretty bad with textures

also improved an old render(just adjusted the colors a bit and ice still looks bad but yeah)

also some christmas trees for a commission

oh yeah and my first two gfx I made

20 Likes

I’ve been trying to learn my way around substance painter, and I think I’m beginning to understand it a bit better. I just textured a simple bench model I made, and it turned out pretty cool.

11 Likes

more roblox raytracing rendering because why not

realtime 60x60 frame:

(memory leaks rather quickly)

more renders (each within 10 seconds)

also a website w/ markdown support (made from the ground up all by myself)

24 Likes