What are you working on currently? (2020)

With the holiday spirit, I have been asked to create some Christmas music. All of it is originally composed by me (to avoid any sort of copyright). I don’t think I’ll be allowed to show you how the whole piece sounds, but here’s the string harmony I made for this song:

I’m quite proud of it if I do say so myself :smile:

Here's the sheet music for that specific chord if you really want it

7 Likes

It really sounds like one long note. I would try adding some different notes in there. The best Roblox composer ever, @Operatik can help you with it, as I don’t know a bunch about music. :sweat_smile:

I have summoned the master of music successfully.

2 Likes

I’ll definitely take you up on your suggestion.

Although do keep in mind that what you heard is only one element of the whole piece. There are only things that are being played along with it but I silenced them :smile:

2 Likes

That is definitely some neat tremolos played on strings. Perhaps an idea is to apply chord progression with the tremolos, which is quite common already.

3 Likes

I can’t believe chord progression completely crossed my mind! I will 100% add some more progression in that chord.

I actually had made a topic asking for suggestions for the piece itself because I got permission to share the work I have so far.

If you could, I’d love to hear your suggestions and/or feedback on the song I have so far which is located in this topic. If you don’t have the time, I completely understand, it won’t bother me at all. Just wondering if you could!

It was made in Blender, so 3D modeling.

Vertex painting is something you do in Blender that essentially allows you to set the “base” color of the part on import. For example, I could vertex paint the seats gray, which would make them always darker than whatever part color I set the entire mesh to in Studio. Or, I could vertex paint different faces to get multiple colors on one mesh.

This is not entirely recommended really if you’re planning to use actual textures. However, textures do override them. I mainly do it as a quick placeholder for now.

1 Like

Car Animation I’ve been working for a bit how it looking coming to roblox soon.

29 Likes

That looks so real! :open_mouth:
What’s up with the lights flashing though?

3 Likes

Thought it looks dope idk you tell me.

1 Like

Details, even more decorated, and the dining room has been remodeled

29 Likes

Car is done how it looking you guys tell me did it come out good?

40 Likes

I think it would look better with the lights staying static, but it’s not my model, it’s yours. :wink:

Mushroom shop

26 Likes

Wow! Really nice may you share thr code;) :wink:

1 Like

Train Station with Bar still Work in Progress

26 Likes

10 hours ago, I was posting this:

Looking forward to post a third update. :eyes:

8 Likes

That looks good! How did you do the blurring of the photos though?

Whoa! That’s some detail! I could never have made that.

1 Like

Hey everyone! In June earlier this year, I was introduced to developing on Roblox. I decided to start with some simple builds that looked- let’s just say bad. Anyway, for the past several months, I have learned more and more techniques, yet I still don’t have enough creative juices to make a decent looking build.

You might think my journey ended there.

No, it didn’t.

I was scrolling through YouTube one day, looking at some Roblox showcases. I found this model showcase, and I immediately hopped on studio to try that out. The first model I made was actually diner booth made from parts and some meshes (from a user-generated mesh kit). I also used some unions for the plates and stuff.

I know, it isn’t the best. But hey- it was an attempt, and I’d say a pretty successful one. Of course, I wasn’t going to stop there. I started trying out more advanced models, sometimes with success and sometimes without.

I get that these are entirely rimple compared to the hundreds of other examples here, but it’s a start for me, at least.

Anyway, the “moral” of this story is that if something doesn’t fit you, try out the other options. Like me, see how I turned out.

I’m going to showcase a few here:

Showcase

image image

Screen_Shot_2020-12-05_at_5.51.30_PM

Screen_Shot_2020-12-05_at_5.52.45_PM

I only used studio for these, my computer is too old to support Blender or any other 3D modeling application. I hope I can save up for a newer computer in the coming years to hopefully expand on my modeling goals.

Happy holidays,
DevTigerr

:rose:

8 Likes

What do you mean “On roblox materials”? Do you mean you made it in Cinema4D and imported it into studio and used regular roblox materials on it?

1 Like