What are you working on currently? (2022)

better grass texture

3 Likes

My third car, a low poly Nissan Silvia
(still working on it)

8 Likes

Working on an analog TV thing, as well as adding a VHS player in the future. Right now I only have the custom text renderer working. The menu isn’t interactable yet, but it would somewhat look like this:

Yeah, I also made the font too.

9 Likes

“What’s that…? Oh! Looks like I need to BeReal!

5 Likes

not to be rude, but the first one’s text is piercing my eyes and i can’t really make it out.

I’m making a 3D model that could be used in Project Magical Mary (my experience) in the future. It’s the player’s starting wand, which should be used for teleportation, a’la Royale High’s Teleportation Scepter, but in a more compact and customizable form factor.

Its UV map/layout can be seen to the left of it; I’ll use the built-in materials for this model, but it’s set up for textures in case I ever add SurfaceAppearances that would add 2D designs onto it.

EDIT: The wand is now finished and I’ve posted a video and screenshots of how it looks in-game!

8 Likes

Yeah, most people say they can’t see the a in it.

Looks like squid game rooms cool

you heard about the “this house has people in it”?
looks great, maybe it could use some static as well

1 Like

cutscene moment

9 Likes

6k tris

7 Likes

Made another effect for my game, the recursive part itself was hard to make. It was a painful trial and error

16 Likes

Thief in the night?

No, Thief in the day!

9 Likes

Wizard Academy (NOT FINISHED)

31 Likes

Got a taller area done

Screenshot 2022-10-30 171713

Also found out that the line-by-line method I was using to make the terrain had these weird artifacts, so I’ve switched to a spiral method that looks a lot better:

Old method:

New method:

You can see a pretty clear side-by-side comparison in this screenshot as well.

Screenshot 2022-10-30 172554

2 Likes

Hallway for a Project i’m currently working on

8 Likes

A custom grass system for my game

It can run with 60 fps and averages 0.5 - 10 percent script activity based on how you tweak the values and how fast you’re moving.

Stress test that I ran:

With custom LOD visualized (the farther = less grass, less accurate)

11 Likes

Y’know that wand that I shared? It’s finished now!

This is a video of me playing in VR with the wand welded to my left hand, showing its trail and particles.

Here’s two screenshots of my character Mary holding it:

What do you think of the wand now that it’s in the experience (but doesn’t have any programming)?

EDIT: This isn’t how the wand looks now; Here’s an update, which adds trails to the star’s points and better particles.

18 Likes

Currently I’m working on a fangame of Slap Battles. My game don’t work for the moment, I don’t scripted it, so the game is in very early BETA.

The game:

Is this really Low Poly?!? It looks more high poly lol

1 Like