"ActivateCameraController did not select a module" warning in "CameraModule.lua"

I require the Scriptable camera module though. There is no way around that.

@subcritical

I’ve debugged around with this, and this is definitely caused by the new vehicle camera update; the only step to reproduce it is to set your CameraType to Scriptable/update the CameraSubject.

I’ve also started to get this error within the past week or so… Whenever I set the CameraType to Scriptable in any local script this happens. The error killing my game’s performance. This problem immediately goes away as soon as I remove the lines below from all my scripts.

local camera = workspace.CurrentCamera
camera.CameraType = Enum.CameraType.Scriptable
5 Likes

I’m not sure if this is related here but when I play my game in Studio, the camera will focus on a part the second the player joins (as it is meant to do). However, when I play the game normally, my camera stays on my character’s head and never focuses on the part. I got that warning in the console.

2 Likes

This is still happening, CameraType.Scriptable is completely broken. I have to use other camera types which screws up expected behavior.

Thanks for the report. Please expect a delay in progress due to holidays and we will get back to you as soon as we return.

21 Likes

I also got this error when trying to switch my camera to scriptable.

EDIT: I found out what was happening for me, and it was my own stupidity not studio. I forgot I had a transparent GUI element covering the screen which was causing all the problems listed. Once I got rid of that, everything worked fine. /edit

I’ve been having all sorts of problems in studio since last night, at least some traceable to something related to this. I originally posted here: Driving a better Vehicle Camera - #55 by Sir_Highness

2 Likes

This has been happening to me since the car camera update. This might have something to do with it.

1 Like

I’ve still got this problem :confused:

5 Likes

Can confirm that I’m still experiencing the problem when CameraType.Scriptable is set, I can’t find any accurate solutions to fix this problem.image

5 Likes

I’ve tested around with this for a while and I’ve noticed that if you add a wait() at the beginning there’s no warning and the script works fine.

Script:

wait()
local Camera = game.Workspace.Camera
Camera.CameraType = Enum.CameraType.Scriptable
Camera.CFrame = CFrame.new(0, 0, 10)
13 Likes

You can do that or you just do this

Camera.CameraSubject = nil

That, or you can set it to something else. Either way it disables the warning.

2 Likes

This is still an issue if you do so within ReplicatedFirst (on startup).

Alright. When there is any sort of update for this bug i will pass that info on.

9 Likes

Another thing I’ve notice is that when the warning happens, alot of skinned meshes stop rendering all of a sudden.

2 Likes

Has there been any update on this? I’ve started getting this error as well, it happens when the camera is set to scriptable on join for me.
EDIT: If anyone is having the same issue as me, you can do this in the meantime until this bug is resolved:

local RunService = game:GetService("RunService")
	if camera.CameraSubject == nil then
		repeat RunService.RenderStepped:Wait() until camera.CameraSubject ~= nil
	end
	camera.CameraType = Enum.CameraType.Scriptable
14 Likes

I am pretty sure it is normal, It’s been happening for a while, usually just happens if you change the camera type before this even runs I believe. As shown in the camera creator in the roblox script, it just shows that since you set it to scriptable. On scriptable it would not have these types and therefore it should be printing that it did not select a module.

i get this warning upon joining whenever i turn off Players.CharacterAutoLoads. :confused:

Would be nice if Roblox staff has an update for this

Has it happened yet? If so I am still getting the bug.

1 Like