Better Indoor Reflections - Live for Future Lighting

He didn’t, it was simply like that during the beta.

1 Like

That’s probably because eager bulk execution was enabled in studio setting. Doing it in games will affect frame rate. It’s never designed to be real time.

It should be optional, therefore it could be used for games like Showcases. I’d be weird seeing a realistic showcase with a pixelated laggy mirror, doesn’t fit in.

5 Likes

This should be an optional feature for Future Technology but I also suggest that the Reflection Entity should not be forced in the middle of the room but rather as be moveable with scripts or manually.

You should also be able to insert this not as a lighting feature but a workspace feature to make it moveable in the workspace similar to an attachment. Source SDK for csgo also allows this for maps where you can add reflection entities that only reflect the closest to the player.

And you should maybe allow them to update instantly if the graphics settings is set to max and maybe allow the selection of models that should not be reflected. A ton of computers can run this and can be very well optimised by developers. Space Screen Reflections is what roblox is missing to make it one of the most realistic game engines.

6 Likes

Is there planned release date when the known issues get fixed? I get really annoyed by the low quality and other known issues to.

1 Like

The indoor reflections don’t always work, I had to purposely take pictures of the interior and then place them as a skybox to make it work. How do I fix that?

6 Likes

You can’t, roblox stupidly made the reflections automated so you can do ACTUALLY NOTHING to change them.

7 Likes

They are forcing a bad ugly thing on us that makes Future lighting worse? Oh no, not surprised.

1 Like

You can probably fix this by using multiple lights near each other and confuse the engine into not giving you the reflections, it happened to the image too so I had to use a skybox of the interior I made.

The thing about the reflections is that it follows your camera on in my experience a random interval changes the reflections no matter how many lights are inside an interior.

They should allow us to set what part it reflects around. Like car part, Camera or Actual attachment

True, and let us place the reflection points manually like the ancient source engine that valve still uses for CS:GO that is older than Roblox itself.

5 Likes

Can we have more control over it?
Different map for each part and not the same for everything in the room?
It also ruined some of my games with a custom skybox, being able to turn it off would be helpful.

4 Likes

Knowing roblox, they won’t do that, but if so, a good thing should be to allow high-quality reflections on maximum quality and if the player is on lower quality, the quality of the reflections goes down.

2 Likes

cmon roblox you guys were able to listen to the community regarding the planned forced material replacement update and decided to roll back the update in order to implement properly customizable material libraries to preserve old materials while still being able to add new ones…
surely you could pull this feature out momentarily and re-release it later on when it’s actually properly implemented? it’s been over half a year and literally no-one has provided any kind of solution that could fix nor bypass the feature
all the community’s been asking for ever since this feature has been live was either the ability to have more control over it or the option to disable it completely due to it breaking game scripts that were already able to do the job this feature was meant to do except with much more control and in most cases provide a better overall solution to real time adaptive skybox reflections regardless whether it’s indoors or outdoors
pushing a ‘vision’ or convenience that produces somewhat half-baked results that also sacrifices end-user control serves almost no-one other than whoever it is that decided upon this direction/vision as seen within the replies/feedback surrounding this topic from those who are actually affected by this and are able to see the flaws and problems this feature has caused

8 Likes

need for speed underground 1 already had good reflections, 2003 year, while roblox can’t get ssr for materials “perfomance issue” You added ssr to water reflection 6 years ago, hardware changed alot in this 6 years, but you gonna still say “We can’t get it because it will run smoothly only at high end pc”

9 Likes

At this point they should just make separate versions of the clients for low-end devices, mid-end and high-end.

4 Likes

They kinda do. The graphics feature in settings is easily adjustable for device requirements.

2 Likes

This is amazing! I’ve been waiting for a proper reflections for years now and it is finally a thing

at this point roblox devs should do normal graphics settings (not a stupid blue slider), like i want to get far distance but low quality textures/effects, but i can’t do that, that will fix EVERYTHING ABOUT LOW END

5 Likes