Building Ideas Needed

Recently I have been bored and decided to build! But I didn’t have any ideas thats why I am posting this to gather ideas for my next big build. I will build these ideas then I will show the results to the person who requested this idea.

6 Likes

Maybe you could build a high graphics game. Maybe RPG game, FPS. I don’t know be creative and try the best you could to make any game. :smile: If you want something more simple maybe a roleplay game, or make a group and work on it I really don’t know just trying to help. :smile:

4 Likes

I MIGHT do that because it is a big build! Also I only build I don’t know how to script!

Oh okay just try your best to make something, and if you want you could hire someone to script it. I’m not sure.

Well I do have a lot of robux but I don’t think you spend robux you should save it! Untill you can afford what you wan’t. And I think a scripter would be expensive.

Yea, they are expensive. Maybe try the high graphics game. That you wouldn’t need a scripter for.

Yeah I wouldn’t need a scripter for a high graphics game. I might do a showcase.

2 Likes

IMO the best way to get building ideas is to make something you’re most interested in and it depends on what you want to create, If you have an idea on what to build or things you want to create off of reference images I’ll go from there. Start by building small models. or do something you don’t know how to actually do.

Since you’re trying to gather ideas for your next big build I’ll start simple try making things like a table, a lamp, a radio, house, a small showcase something like that. Some ideas as to what to build could be detailed showcases, clothing store, possibly some assets like weapons, cars, tanks ect.

However, if you’re trying to make a showcase I’ll visit different types of sites to get inspiration from like (Pinterest, poly count) or images on google you can always try visiting other peoples showcases but if you’re currently learning I’ll start small.

Overall hope to see what you make.

6 Likes

Hey Super!

You should try do the following:

• A showcase
  • Simulator Map
  • Fantasy Map (Something similar to Sword Burst or Vesteria)
  • Sci-Fi Map
  • City Map
  • FPS Map

Not only will you make yourself busy building whatever theme you go with, you’ll might also gain new experiences/methods to building specific themes, enhancing your craft!

For example, for a showcase, you’d focus on detail. You’d improve the use of realistic assets. With this, while you’re improving skills, this could attract other developers to hire you depending on how nice your showcase looks.

Same for simulators, simulators are a massive genre in ROBLOX, and being able to create planned out simulator maps is a huge selling point.

I hope I’ve given you some ideas to work with!

5 Likes

I would suggest 2 things for you to build.

• A Minigame
  • A Simulator
1 Like

I don’t really know how to script. Is it just for the map?

1 Like

No need to learn how to script.

Just making the world itself. Scripting is completely different from building, hence you don’t need to know an ounce about scripting to be able to create stunning, beautiful maps.

2 Likes

Can you send me a link of a simulator game I can go off of? I will try the simulator map first.

1 Like

Even though I don’t know a lot of things about building, I recommend you to build either a simulator game or a tycoon game.

I think you should have a look at the area around you and find something to replicate

What about a abandoned city? I personally love builds like this and i think its interesting idea.

1 Like

Will if you want to make a simulator make it somehow very different from other simulators because you don’t want to copy the whole entire simulator I’ll try thinking of your own ideas. But don’t “copy” other peoples games if you’re interested in creating a game like that try using reference images or get inspiration from other peoples builds so you could learn from there.

1 Like

Build something worth it, this could be something for another group or person, one of your games, showcases, or simply for your portfolio. Otherwise, you could always do it for fun too, reference off the internet for something to build, think of simple ideas like malls, shops, cafes, etc. Then simply continue to work on projects like those, building skills will also improve.

I am not copying why would I copy a game?

Here’s my idea: a modern building with a screen on it like in a modernistic city where technology is everywhere. (not futuristic because we have such buildings today of course)

You could search this up to get what I mean, I used Tokyo as an example of what to think of. If you ever decide to try this idea, I’d be interested to see what it looks like!

(You don’t have to recreate the stuff on the panel which would be GUI, you would just create it with base parts without having to do the interface stuff)