Code Assist Full Release: AI-powered Code Completion

At one point it was a page along with the Dashboard, Documentation, etc but I think it was removed due to feedback

1 Like

It’s very cheap and you can pick it up for free as a student. Best money I’ve ever spent in my life.

1 Like

The AI can be good for being a learning tool for teaching new coders how to code and help those who have a terrible memory when it comes to remembering how to code, but there are some concerns.

One in which, Would all the games be less “User” generated and more AI generated?

Will this put scripters for hire out of work completely?

Me knowing people, they would most likely get the AI to do all the work and just blatantly take full credit for it. That would be plagiarism… But yet again, the entire platform often re-uses each other’s code and makes slight changes to better suit their game. :confused:

1 Like

Can I please disable this? Really annoying.

2 Likes

Had the ui that asked if i wanted it or not
Pressed no
opens studio
Ai forcefully enabled
Ai typing stuff randomly

2 Likes

You can go into Studio Settings and turn it off if you really want to.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing. We have acknowledged the issue of repetition and are working on it. We have some hypothesis about the cause, and may follow up with you for more details

1 Like

It surprises me that you say it’s designed to assist proficient scripters because none of the code suggestions so far have been of any use to me. For beginners I can see it being valuable for sure.

kinda lame tbh

Hi @Riesegarder, Thanks for your question!
This language is largely adopted with reference to our Terms. Regarding Code Assist, please be assured that there is no fee passed down to you.

3 Likes

did i do something wrong?

sure, this is “cool” but i dont really like it myself as it doesnt help me at all nor does it actually follow what my code is attempting to do
also how do i turn off that popup? literally sometimes opens the same popup 50 times and EVEN when i click no it still happens
i highly doubt this could help anyone, may even flop too.

It seems like the next step to improve the AI is more data from active use, did I sign away my code to be collected when I accepted the ToS?

If that’s true, is it only collected when the assistant is enabled?

If not how do I opt out of my code being used for the AI?

Good update to tbh.
I mean it could motivate and teach small developer who want to start their journey…

How do you have access to this option? I am on version 0.613.1.6130510 (64bit) and only have a “Suggest Code Automatically” checkbox.

1 Like

Bump this up, I too cannot seem to access the settings with the newest update?

1 Like

The code collection is only opt in, you can submit it here if you want to https://create.roblox.com/settings/data-collection

It was mentioned that Code Assist and Roblox Assistant are to be merged. Will this give Assistant the ability to analyze code like ChatGPT? Will it be able to understand various requests that I want in the analysis? Additional commands that I include in the prompt are as follows:

• Consider comments when formulating a response.
  • Provide a technical and detailed analysis.
  • Highlight areas for improvement.
  • Point out potential issues.

These are the kind of things that I tell ChatGPT when analyzing code. Furthermore, ChatGPT knows that I’m a system software engineer (through the use of additional commands) and understands what that entails and that fact is considered when it formulates it responses. Will the new AI system also consider this?

As for my Code Assistant experience, I have to agree with some of there others here. 99% of the suggestions are of no use to me. Many times, the suggested code is not what I’m trying to do, or it’s doing it wrong in my environment (It seems to build code based on what my comments are.). The code it generates is quite simplistic while my code is highly intricate and complex due to Parallel LUA.

1 Like

I didn’t know that - wondered why the Assistant works on PC but not and my Laptop.

I didn’t know you could do that as well - would help me a lot (me informing I’m new to scripting… so always need comments added on what the line/section does - lol).

I personally get frustrated with Assistant (goes on different paths) and switch to ChatGPT4… but now & then try it to see if it’s improved.