Let there be light... on Creator Hub!

Using a talent hub portfolio is no different than one from the #collaboration category

4 Likes

I know. Roblox started to make so many developer related updates since October and they will continue doing so in 2024 too :grin:

6 Likes

Pretty much this update remembers me about 2019-2020 when there was the old overview page with light mode only. I personally prefer dark mode, but it is good for letting people choose what they want

7 Likes

Super happy to see light theme finally make its way here, but I’m disappointed this wasn’t done using modern CSS features such as “var” with a universal theme stylesheet. Fallback rules can be generated for browsers that do not support var. This makes it impossible for third party stylesheets to adjust webpage colors if either of the two themes don’t work for them (e.g. if light theme is too light, or to increase contrast, or any other reason why you might have a custom stylesheet for a page).

Now seems like a good time to remind on this feature request. For the sake of accessibility and supporting custom workflows, allowing third parties to extend Roblox webpages is critical.

Also a different focus, but this is still not fixed. Marketplace items do not embed in any usable capacity.

7 Likes

We’re looking into better ways to show your profile of creations/experience. Neither the old forum categories (that are long obsolete) nor the Talent Hub currently perfectly meets all use cases you folks have for this and we’re aware of that. Thanks for the feedback.

8 Likes

Thanks for adding this! My disability prevents me from using dark-mode websites for very long, so light mode is needed for myself and others with certain disabilities. Yay for accessibility!!

10 Likes

although i am permanently blinded for life from trying it out, at least others who can still see will use it

(all jokes aside, when i turned it on it felt like someone threw a flash bang at me)

5 Likes

I’m one of the beasts who uses light mode. Thank you. :+1:

8 Likes

Please see these other posts for explanations on why light mode is needed for some users.

5 Likes

Glad you guys listened to this feedback, it truly means a lot!

8 Likes

Now its at least somewhat usable compared to the old page!
Just need to fix all the other issues!

5 Likes

It looks like Developer Stats still show in Dark Mode on Light Mode:

Unless this was purposefully done as Developer Stats is becoming deprecated?

7 Likes

The fact that there are some people here that are throwing dirt on this clean update shows that there are some people that will never be satisfied. :skull:

And please stop directly/indirectly talking about other people that use light mode. It’s a preference, not a crime.

Apart from that, I most likely won’t be using light mode on the Creator Hub, but I think it’s a good update, especially for those that have trouble reading things with a dark background. I see this as a win. :+1:

9 Likes

ouchie owie my eyes
jokes aside, thank you for this update! I can now prank my developer friends at 3AM by enabling this option

4 Likes

Honestly, I assumed there already was a light mode. I don’t ever use light mode so I never bothered to check.

I’m glad for the people who do use it though.

4 Likes

Hmm yes, I can already hear my retinas frying.

Jokes aside this update was long overdue so I’m glad people can finally browse the Creator Hub in flashba- err i mean light mode. W for accessibility

5 Likes

the amount of people getting mad at jokes is crazy :skull: yeah a lot of these are clearly in poor taste but it’s not meant to be taken seriously, just ignore it or hide the post

This is a good feature for accessability as people have said but also just those of us who prefer the aesthetic (me)

5 Likes

So why does the Creator Hub have a different dark mode color than the website? Which does Roblox want to use in the future?

7 Likes

They’re insensitive jokes that don’t belong here on a community that should foster good faith communication and respect towards each other. The same people making “jokes” about those who use white theme are the same people who may get unreasonably angry at other kinds of “jokes”.

Accessibility is not a joke and is core to respecting developer health on the platform and making pages actually usable. The “jokes” are not only in poor taste but entirely unnecessary. Please keep that for your own echochambers. It’s annoying to have accessibility updates flooded with unhelpful and dull nonsense.

8 Likes

now just let us actually be able to make sounds public

6 Likes