Notice about issues with opening Places

Hey developers,

Our engineers are currently investigating an issue that caused potential data corruption for some places that were published between 4:13pm - 5:32pm PDT yesterday (August 3rd, 2020). We’re currently investigating the issue as a whole.

In the meantime, if you’re unable to open your place due to an HttpError, please try reverting it to the previous version.

We’ll keep you updated as we learn more about this issue. Please post any questions you have in this thread.

Thanks,
Developer Relations

139 Likes

Is this related to Roblox’s outage that took place yesterday?

To any developers that were affected, that sucks. :frowning:

22 Likes

so that’s why studio was acting up again.

7 Likes

Will be the actual progress be lost? I don’t want to revert my place and lose major changes.

10 Likes

Studio automatically saves every 5 or so minutes. You can try looking at some auto-recovery files instead of reverting first.

5 Likes

I did, none of them has my changes.

4 Likes

Concerning about the outages, or disruptions, I fully agree, I even got photo evidence here in mobile.

8 Likes

I’ve also had the same problem. None of the save files show up for the corrupted place and I have autosaves on as well.

6 Likes

That sucks. Sorry I couldn’t help.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, any progress between the last working version and the corrupted version will be lost.

18 Likes

Ah that sucks I was grinding last night on studio, thanks for keeping us updated.

4 Likes

I can’t even connect to like anything. Right now I’m on mobile. Hope this is fixed soon!

3 Likes

Well but I didn’t even notice anything happened on 3rd of August. But I saw a lot of posts about place corruption, games not opening, servers very weak and website not loading. But none of theese happened to me but I worked a lot at that date. Hmmmmm strange… maybe it can be about location or some servers crashed or Idk

3 Likes

I don’t know, but maybe, if you still got the place open, you can save it to a file?

Hoepfully that works, but it sucks if you lost progress :frowning:

Best of luck though!

3 Likes

I lost progress and couldn’t get it back, I reverted the place with a major part of what I had. Luckily enough it was easy to rewrite it.

5 Likes

That’s great to hear!

Glad it turned out semi-good!

3 Likes

Reverting to a previous version has not solved the problem in my case: Teleports yielding indefinitely; places can't be opened. Places appear corrupted

8 Likes

is that why resizing a gui which was scale instead of offset was broken and using datastores was being weird for me

4 Likes

This happened to me, it’s just I can still open the game. My W.I.P First Person Shooter lost all of our scripts. I don’t know if this was the cause or not.

5 Likes

So, you’re telling me, on the one day I wanted to open my first place that was created in 2012, the data got corrupted?

This is the code I get:
Cannot load published place
Sorry, this published place could not be loaded.
Details: “Error while decoding data: unexpected end at offset 3”

2 Likes