Blender and me is a love-hate relationship.
Welcome back to another devlog! This past two weeks have been me struggling with Blender animation! In the meantime:
• I somehow made a ban system
• Replaced the realistic build with a traditional blocky build
• Replaced all the animations to fit the blocky rig
• Added a new gun
• Forced my barely 13-year-old brain to learn trigonometry with help from a few people in my discord server
all in two weeks.
Let’s get into this devlog, shall we?
If you’re new here I have a series of these devlogs. Go check them out!
• Devlog 1: FPS Game Devlog | #1 - Starting Out
• Devlog 2: FPS Game Devlog | #2 - Deploy System and More Guns
• Devlog 3: FPS Game Devlog | #3 - Reloading and Other Stuff
• Devlog 4: FPS Game Devlog | #4 - Reload Anims (kinda), Updated Deploy UI, and more!
• Devlog 5: FPS Game Devlog | #5 - Another UI Update, Ragdolling and more!
• Devlog 6: FPS Game Devlog | #6 - Random Spawning, Updated Deploy Screen, Bug Fixes and more!
• Devlog 7: FPS Game Devlog | #7 - New Deploy System (again), Knifing, MP7 Gun, and More!
• Devlog 8: FPS Game Devlog | #8 - Knifing Finished, Hitmarkers, Crosshair and Bug Fixes
• Devlog 9: FPS Game Devlog | #9 - C to Crouch, New MAC-10 and M1911, Loading Screen, Bug Fixes and More
• Devlog 10: FPS Game Devlog | #10 - New DYNAMIC Crosshair, Server-side movement (finally), a ton of technical crap, and more!
• Devlog 11 (P1): FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 1) - Somewhat Complete Levelling System
• Devlog 11 (P2): FPS Game Devlog | #11 (Part 2) - Finshed XP/Levelling system, new death screen!
• Devlog 12: FPS Game Devlog | #12 - XP on kill, test map and more!
• Devlog 13: FPS Game Devlog | #13 - NEW DISCORD SERVER, Mesh guns, (kind of functional) leaderboard, and more!
• Devlog 14: FPS Game Devlog | #14 - Kill cam, new AUG A2, bug fixes, weapon skin prototype and more!
• Devlog 15: FPS Game Devlog | #15 - Big Announcement, NEW LMG category, new M60 gun, bug fixes, and more!
• Devlog 16: Operation: Strife - Devlog #16 | Bug Fixes, Saving Loadouts (very requested lol), Nerfs and Buffs, New category and more!
• Devlog 17: Operation: Strife - Devlog #17 | Camera Recoil, bug fixes, bolting and more!
• Devlog 18: Operation: Strife - Devlog #18 | Test place, nerfs, buffs, and a big announcement
• Devlog 19: FPS Game Devlog | #19 - Attatchments!
• Devlog 20: FPS Game Devlog | #20 - Custom chat UI, chat tags and more!
• Devlog 21: FPS Game Devlog | #21 - Chat Tags, Credits, Monetisation and more!
• Devlog 22: FPS Game Devlog | #22 - New Dynamic Crosshair, New Deploy UI and more!
• Devlog 23: FPS Game Devlog | #23 - New BURST mechanic, New P90 and Five-seveN, Votekicking system and more!
• Devlog 24: FPS Game Devlog | #24 - Animations galore (for real this time), Sights, minimap, MG42 and more!
• Devlog 25: FPS Game Devlog | #25 - The Biggest Update So Far
• Devlog 26: FPS Game Devlog | #26 - Gun Game, Map Update and more
• Devlog 27: FPS Game Devlog | #27 - Rank Unlock Guns, new round system, new map voting system, inspect animations, new guns, and more!
This update was essentially just animation, animation, animation. I switched up all the realistic rigs with blocky ones, to stay true to the “Roblox” vibe of the game.
I have the realistic build still saved on my computer (because no i wouldnt waste like 2 weeks of work), so tell me if you want me to publish it to the game as a separate place from the main place.
I’ll just go straight into it here and show you every single new animation. Every one was made in Blender - enjoy.
(yes i know it isnt very realistic i dont know how the bolt pull/release system works on AR-15 platforms)
Hopefully they aren’t crappy.
Other smaller changes
• Added a keybind menu for you noobs who don’t know how to play the game.
• Added an update thingy when you join the game to show the latest updates.
• Optimization changes on the client side
• Changed the running function in RenderStepped from
cos. (not much of a difference, just looks a bit better - i forced my seventh grade ass to learn trigonometry for this little thing i kinda hate myself now)
• Small UI changes like sound effects on mouse-click
• Added zoom when you ADS (Aim Down Sights)
• Changed starting loadout from M4A1 and Glock-20 to M4A1 and M9 because the M9 animations look better
Bit of a small devlog today, it was just kinda an update of what I’m doing so far so y’all don’t have to think I’m dead.
I’ll start working more on the core game mechanics next week.
Play the beta version here:
Join my comms server on Discord (server invite code is 5pc3tb2Zab) if you haven’t already!
Credits for contributors and stuff
• @YetiKing666 for building the office map in-game and constantly working on it as well lmao, also posting bug reports
• @dominik4242 for building the mall map prototype
Feedback in the replies would be appreciated. If you have any queries please do contact me via DevForum.
Join comms server: 5pc3tb2Zab