On the Studio team, we are continuously improving the product, fixing bugs and adding capabilities. This is a follow up for the previous post about fixes that improve quality of life.
Your feedback has led to improvements! We’ve recently shipped the following improvements to Quality of Life:
- In Team Create, after a mesh passes moderation, you no longer have to restart Studio to see it. We’ll be extending this to other asset types soon
- Team Create now warns you if you try to save / publish over a place that has active collaborators. Previously, Studio will let you overwrite causing issues.
Recent searches now show up in the Explorer filter bar. Quicker recall!
Using Cmd + S to save on a Mac no longer defaults to the root directory which is not accessible.
You can now give Play permissions to Groups on your user-owned game. You can also give Play permissions to Users on group-owned games.
- If you have a Terrain region selected, pressing ‘F’ will frame it
- Terrain tools no longer interact with/are blocked by non-terrain items (parts)
- Terrain > Edit > Add now has an option to snap to the terrain (Plane Lock)
Quick Open now uses fuzzy search, enabling quick search with inexact queries.
Keep the feedback coming!