The same feature requests 2 years apart

Just realized I made a post more than 2 years ago and made the same post again recently because the feature request hasn’t been done yet. I feel like I’m talking to a wall in feature requests sometimes. Anyone else feel that way?

6 Likes

I kind of keep my ideas to myself, I guess that Roblox doesnt really have a team to work on these ideas

4 Likes

I come up with these amazing ideas but then I don’t have access to Feature Request so I just kind of forget about them :man_shrugging:

This is going live soon ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I didn’t intend to portray my thoughts as “nothing gets done”

1 Like

I think Roblox said that they do look at our feature requests, and they consider them, but don’t necessarily reply to them. I feel like if they consider them they should at least reply, since then it just feels like they’re all useless, and as if we are talking to a wall.

5 Likes

This is reassuring. I may be over thinking it.
But I also think the idea specifically linked in the OP is too obvious for a data driven company to miss.

Make the feature request on #bulletin-board. Then, pm the Top_Contributor group with the title “Request: Posting Bug Report / Feature Request”.

1 Like

You’ve also made the same bug reports 2 years apart from me
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/developer-stats-monthly-cuts-off/96338
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/developer-stats-is-broken/30733
and a couple others
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/developer-stats-and-visit-counter-broken/24651
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/monthly-developer-stats-are-totally-breaking-down-for-popular-games/27808

1 Like

Like @Kampfkarren said, you can use rule 15.1 of the devforums to make a feature request as a basic user.

1 Like

Would like to see this implemented fully

I understand your frustration. Please know that we do read all bug reports and feature requests and take them into consideration.

1 Like

I want to be able to paste my game’s stats into my spreadsheets that will tell me my avg visit time for computer vs mobile over several different intervals of time (ie before / after updates to my game). I want to make excel equations to calc visit:robux ratios per computer, tablet, phone for similar reasons.
The developer stats data table, which currently only exists as a total of all platforms the game is on, doesn’t tell me much about the reality of my game because of the drastic difference in computer vs mobile metrics.

It’s my opinion that developer stats have drifted years behind what developers deserve, thanks for listening.

1 Like

There are improvements coming in the future to developer stats, but sounds like you want to drill down deep into your stats. You may be better off recording this information yourself when a player joins/leaves, you can use game.PlaceVersion to get the current version number.

Are you worried about being able to detect the broad platform a user is on (e.g. phone/tablet/computer/console)?

I would leave the terminology “drilling deep into my stats” for things like, where in my game do people die most often, when do players leave, is there some sort of pattern that happens to make players leave.
This suggestion is more simple than all those. A simple stats table added to developer stats that would allow people somewhat versed in statistics to take dev stat number tables and put a bit more complexity into their spreadsheets to figure out things like correlations or ratios. I just want to make games and have those simple stats there for me in developer stats, to mess with in spreadsheets, where it’s easier to mess with data and not in datastore scripts in my game.

I definitely agree that doing deep dives into data is up to the developer. I would not consider the OP suggestions to be deep data, they should be universal to all developers.

Nonetheless, I have noticed that devs are not supposed to know what platform the player is on, but at the same time, developer stats uses it. That’s kind of a big problem for this entire data collection, if I were to do it. Is there a way to get a player’s device type from server?

I want to show you a bit about what I mean.

Separate issue, but the beginning of the hourly graph is messed up

We see that the stats are differentiated by platform for the graph. Why not continue that and give a table of that data that already exists to developers?

Here’s the current table