ThreeDText 2 Plugin: Create Text With MeshParts!

ThreeDText 2

What is ThreeDText?

ThreeDText is a plugin that creates text using MeshParts. Choose from twelve fonts, most of which supports characters for English, Spanish, French, German, and Icelandic.

Features

• Simple, intuitive point-and-click usage, with very nice UI.
    UI Preview

• Choose from twelve carefully optimized and properly kerned fonts.
    Fonts

• Customizable color, material, size, and spacing.
  • Text objects can be edited even after being placed.
  • Undo/Redo support.

Demos/Images

Simple Placement + Editing

Multiple Language Support

thank u for coming 2 my sales pitch. I suck at these.

248 Likes

Your plugins never fail to amaze me! Great stuff! :smile:

20 Likes

This is a truly amazing plugin, great work!

7 Likes

You are a god. This will be so useful.

14 Likes

This will be so useful + save me so much time oh my… Thank you for this!

11 Likes

I believe I may have identified an issue where having the plugin active causes a delay in loading a test session in Roblox Studio because it is trying to require various asset ids on the client, which results in the following warnings:

15:58:34.049 - [ThreeDText] Font Graduate cannot be loaded: require(assetId) cannot be called from a client
15:58:34.051 - [ThreeDText] Font Lobster cannot be loaded: require(assetId) cannot be called from a client
15:58:34.052 - [ThreeDText] Font OrbitronBold cannot be loaded: require(assetId) cannot be called from a client
15:58:34.052 - [ThreeDText] Font ArvoBold cannot be loaded: require(assetId) cannot be called from a client
15:58:34.052 - [ThreeDText] Font Beon cannot be loaded: require(assetId) cannot be called from a client
15:58:34.053 - [ThreeDText] Font DeValencia cannot be loaded: require(assetId) cannot be called from a client
15:58:34.053 - [ThreeDText] Font GrandHotelRegular cannot be loaded: require(assetId) cannot be called from a client
15:58:34.053 - [ThreeDText] Font Pacifico cannot be loaded: require(assetId) cannot be called from a client
15:58:34.053 - [ThreeDText] Font PlayfairDisplayBold cannot be loaded: require(assetId) cannot be called from a client
15:58:34.054 - [ThreeDText] Font BalooRegular cannot be loaded: require(assetId) cannot be called from a client
15:58:34.054 - [ThreeDText] Font AliceRegular cannot be loaded: require(assetId) cannot be called from a client

not sure if this is just a problem with Studio trying to load plugins when a test session starts but here is a recording of what I mean

Apologies for the low quality GIF, it wouldn’t upload here so I had to use Giphy.

3 Likes

It’s the plugin trying to download the fonts by requiring a bunch of modules. This is harmless, but I should disable them outside of edit mode anyway.

EDIT: Done. The plugin will not run during a test server/play solo (the button will still be there in play solo, but it won’t do anything)

8 Likes

This one will prove to be useful!

3 Likes

Amazing plugin! I’ve already used it in my games and I love it!

1 Like

It would be a great idea for detailed place or Phantom Forces edit, so yeah.

1 Like

Very cool. keep up with the good work.

12 Likes

This plugin is very useful. Instead of searching for font packs in the toolbox you could just use this plugin.

1 Like

This is a great plugin! The plugin makes it easier to put 3D word displays compared to manually creating words using parts.

I added a few more fonts! Also changed UI a bit and accommodated the recent changes to text boxes.

2 Likes

This is indeed awesome work! I remember, a long time ago, the first time I wanted to make 3D text I had to build all the letters and move them around. Anyway, thank you for this contribution!

4 Likes

Thanks for making this plugin it made making signs a lot faster for my game!

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for something like this, I do like the old one very much still so I plan to switch between the first version and this one as the first version has some ‘classical’ value to me.

Thank you for this,
Made_You.

Hello! @XAXA, your plugin is absolutely amazing. I used to search up “fonts” in the toolbox, then painfully try to piece them together. Ever since your plugin came, it has been so easy to accomplish tasks.

Side note: Would you be able to add the fonts: “Bebas Neue”, or “Lemon Milk”?

Edit: Apologies for bringing back a 9 month old post, I thought it was recent.

1 Like

Amazing plugin. I think this will be very helpful in my designs and projects.

1 Like