Updated Studio Start Screen

Can we please get a generated icon for the .rbxl’s on the list? Like, part of the file is a screenshot of where you saved.

This is exactly what I was requesting for in my post from three days ago under my Edit #2, but my phrasing was probably a bit weird. I really hope that this becomes a thing.

2 Likes

How do I get back to the start screen of studio now? I have to close a place I am working on and relaunch studio and/or goto the ROBLOX website and click edit.

4 Likes

The games explorer can take in excess of 3/5 minutes to load if you have a lot of image assets to load. This means we’re having to use Chrome to access our places.

7 Likes

Oops looks like I posted this originally in the wrong thread. Posting it here for more visibility:

Also can the group that it starts off with be our primary group like it was in the old screen?

Can our active places be given first priority and then the rest of the places get put after?

6 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! Here are some of the issues we’ve addressed so far:

• Made Studio remember the last tab you were on (New, My Games, or Recent) and default to that tab
  • Fixed an issue where Studio was not saving the position and state of widgets properly
  • Fixed an issue where game cards would flicker in an out of existence when scrolling
  • Added a tooltip to templates which are designed to teach how to use Studio
  • Fixed an issue where users couldn’t log in to Studio with passwords containing certain special characters
  • Fixed an issue where where Studio was not respecting the “Remember this device for 30 days” checkbox
  • Switched to using the correct icon for “Recent” instead of reusing the “My Games” icon

Rest assured we’ll be continuing to make improvements based on your suggestions.

13 Likes

Can you please give an option to access the start screen again from Studio? I hate having to go back to ROBLOX to have two places open at the same time. Just want to access that straight from Studio.

15 Likes

Related to this; the start screen is loaded only to be immediately closed when launching a to-be server or player instance of Studio.

Unrelated, but just before doing this Studio takes up to a full second to “log in” for every new window. I feel like it should know I’m already logged in.

9 Likes

I have a game universe game with multiple places. I have to use the Edit button on the website to edit a place now. This kinda sucks. Any plans to fix this?

18 Likes

If you go to View > Game Explorer in Studio there’s a folder with connected places inside. Double clicking a place will open it up in a new window.

The problem is you have to open 2x the amount of places to edit the place you want.

6 Likes

Oh right, I usually use the solution I listed because I’m editing two places in my game at once.

1 Like

If your game has a lot of images the Game Explorer window can take in excess of 3-4 minutes to load and freezes up studio.

This bug is older than time.

3 Likes

Many of you requested the ability to manage plugins from the start screen. This is now possible. Go to File > Advanced > Manage Plugins to check it out!

We acknowledge that the option is hard to discover so we’ll consider making it more visible in the future.

More improvements are on the way.

28 Likes

We’ve made a few minor changes to the start screen based on your feedback:

• Increased the length of game names which can be displayed, so you can tell your games apart
  • Moved the group dropdown to the left so it can be easily accessed

More changes are on the way.

23 Likes

Could you make the start screen and upload/edit model/animation/plugin screen remember the last group you selected? That would save me hundreds of clicks in the long run.

11 Likes

Hi Developers,

We added a game context menu so you can perform common actions directly from the start screen:

• Visiting the place page, configure place page, or the configure game page

We also changed “Published Projects” so if you already have a place open, it opens a new Studio start screen. This allows you to open a different place without closing your current place, which was requested by many of you.

Edit: We temporarily turned off the feature to activate and deactivate games because we realized there was no confirmation if the game has VIP servers. We will turn it back on after we resolve this issue.

27 Likes

YES!!! AT LAST! Thank you thank you thank you.

1 Like

Awesome!

the gods have spoken

1 Like

Is there a way to “hide” the game in the studio start screen.

For example: If I have over 100 places ( which I do but are mainly test servers), and I am opening studio and looking for something, is there a button that could be added to “hide” it from the primary list of projects you see when loading the start screen, so it does not look cluttered? And then you could add on the scroll down the title “hidden games” which are like ones that you don’t really use and see so you can keep track of your projects you are mainly working on. (I see this as helping developers get to projects they want to work on quickly and fast)

3 Likes