FolderTool Pro (v1.0c3) - Group selected items into a folder

image image

image*

* GroupMe compatibility is for the Pro version. The regular version doesn't do anything to cause compatibility issues.

README: FolderTool Pro is now free. Some information regarding to pricing may be outdated here.

Hey everyone! I would like to showcase my plugin which I co-created with @LucasMZ_RBX.

FolderTool is a plugin that helps you to group selected items into a folder, ungroup items inside a folder and convert the class of a Model to a Folder.

When installing the plugin, these three buttons will pop up:

The first button is to group selected items to a folder, the second one is to ungroup items in a folder and the third button changes the Class of a Model to a Folder.

Hereā€™s a demonstration of the first two functions:

(demonstration of the classconversion function coming soon)

Pro Exclusive Features

Iā€™ll mention right off the bat that this costs 100 Robux, and may only have these features:

• Customisable folder naming (e.g. ā€œFolderItemā€ or ā€œStorageā€)
  • Iteration for folder names (non customisable, I plan to make it customisable though)

Download if you want btw: https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/12217491940/FolderTool-Pro-Canary

Guides

Set up a shortcut for FolderTool in Roblox Studio

You may want to set a shortcut to group selected items, you can do this by pressing File > Advanced > Customise shortcuts and type ā€˜Groupā€™ in the search bar that appears and assign a shortcut. Repeat the same process for ungrouping, just donā€™t use the same shortcut.

Itch Download

Support development of this plugin

Thank you for taking a look at FolderTool and have a good day!

auroraSuite* - Multiple tools to help create experiences with

DisableCoreGUIFunctions* - Disable chat, leaderboard and other elements easily

GroupMe** - Easy grouping of instances by class type

FolderTool Pro** (currently viewing) - Group items into folders easily

StudioFetch - See cool stats about your Roblox Studio install

* Plugin requires a fee to download from the Plugin Marketplace, but has a free version on GitHub available. ** Plugin requires a fee to download from the Plugin Marketplace, no free version available.

21 Likes

Now this is another good representation of ungroup and group. I wanted to use something like since forever! Thanks for the resource!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback :smiley:

Made a pull request to make it so the folders you just created get selected, and vice versa when folders are ungrouped, as I think thatā€™s what normal grouping/ungrouping with models does. Thanks for making this, itā€™s going to be really useful!

2 Likes

This seems a nice addition since dragging a bunch of stuff into a folder is annoying

Suggest:

Make it so when you select a Model and press the folder button the Model turns into a folder and all the Modelā€™s children get parented into the folder. So you donā€™t have to redrag everything

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be definitely be looking at that pull request

Models have some features that folder do not, Iā€™d recommend using @Elttobā€™s ReClass plugin for this anyways

Iā€™ll also check @Ty_Scriptsā€™ pull when I have time

Working on forking some of the forks right now, will release a few minor updates to implement all the forks so I can test that they work etc

1.2.1 should be out in about 20 minutes with updates that @regibus361 implemented

Update 1.2.1 is now available!

When grouping/ungrouping folders, the folder or files will automatically be selected.

Forks are being processed one by one atm

Another update already?

The v0.3 update is now out on GitHub and Plugin Marketplace. This update introduces a new button to convert the class of a model as suggested by @dandcx!

Download it now: FolderTool (obsolete) - Roblox

2 Likes

This is very useful! Iā€™ve always wanted this kind of alternative to the model grouping feature.

One suggestion: shorten the icon names in the dock to just ā€œgroupā€ ā€œungroupā€ and ā€œconvertā€ or something. The current names take quite a chunk of space on the dock.

3 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s a shame that I canā€™t get the icons looking better on such a small resolution because then users would understand a function better

No no the icons are great, I meant changing the title under the icons to something shorter

(I would make a pull request but I donā€™t have access to a computer rn)

1 Like

I could do that now, people can tell what an item does anyways through the description of it.

1 Like

Just implemented those changes, will be out shortly

msi afterburner is broken for sure

2 Likes

Version 0.3.1 is now out!

This update uses shortened toolbar button names, get it from GitHub or Plugin Marketplace now!

2 Likes

Oh boy this is gonna be useful!

1 Like

What is ā€œconvertā€ supposed to do?

Itā€™s supposed to classconvert a model to a folder

No problem!

nice, I donā€™t like groups so I needed this, thx

1 Like

Hi there!

Weā€™ve made some small changes to the plugin, hereā€™s whats new in v0.3.2!

• Update checker has been added (similar to the system already being used in all my plugins except for Roblox Fast Donation Button Creation)
  • Converting models with textured meshes etc should be now fixed (thanks @Ty_Scripts for reporting this, and @cxmeels for helping)

I should also like to point out that @LucasMZ_RBX is no longer working on this project, however I will remain to keep him credited.

This plugin is also now available on itch at FolderTool by ExperiencersInternational (currently not on latest version, working on updating it now).

You can download the latest version currently from the Plugin Marketplace, GitHub and Itch will be updated shortly after.

Just a quick update! Version 0.4.0 has been released, hereā€™s what weā€™ve changed:

• References to require() have been removed, plugin shows up in both Marketplace and Studio search now
  • Refreshed icons (current icons donā€™t feel designed for a 16x16 or 32x32 resolution, and the new icons add more consistency)

Download at: FolderTool - Roblox, or search ā€˜FolderToolā€™ in plugin search in Toolbox.