What are you working on currently? (2020)

Car is done how it looking you guys tell me did it come out good?

40 Likes

I think it would look better with the lights staying static, but it’s not my model, it’s yours. :wink:

Mushroom shop

26 Likes

Wow! Really nice may you share thr code;) :wink:

1 Like

Train Station with Bar still Work in Progress

26 Likes

10 hours ago, I was posting this:

Looking forward to post a third update. :eyes:

8 Likes

That looks good! How did you do the blurring of the photos though?

Whoa! That’s some detail! I could never have made that.

1 Like

Hey everyone! In June earlier this year, I was introduced to developing on Roblox. I decided to start with some simple builds that looked- let’s just say bad. Anyway, for the past several months, I have learned more and more techniques, yet I still don’t have enough creative juices to make a decent looking build.

You might think my journey ended there.

No, it didn’t.

I was scrolling through YouTube one day, looking at some Roblox showcases. I found this model showcase, and I immediately hopped on studio to try that out. The first model I made was actually diner booth made from parts and some meshes (from a user-generated mesh kit). I also used some unions for the plates and stuff.

I know, it isn’t the best. But hey- it was an attempt, and I’d say a pretty successful one. Of course, I wasn’t going to stop there. I started trying out more advanced models, sometimes with success and sometimes without.

I get that these are entirely rimple compared to the hundreds of other examples here, but it’s a start for me, at least.

Anyway, the “moral” of this story is that if something doesn’t fit you, try out the other options. Like me, see how I turned out.

I’m going to showcase a few here:

Showcase

image image

Screen_Shot_2020-12-05_at_5.51.30_PM

Screen_Shot_2020-12-05_at_5.52.45_PM

I only used studio for these, my computer is too old to support Blender or any other 3D modeling application. I hope I can save up for a newer computer in the coming years to hopefully expand on my modeling goals.

Happy holidays,
DevTigerr

:rose:

8 Likes

What do you mean “On roblox materials”? Do you mean you made it in Cinema4D and imported it into studio and used regular roblox materials on it?

1 Like

Yep because thats what the person I made it for requested, I just did the texturing for fun

1 Like

It’s a depth-of-field effect, also glade you like the pictures, I’m not a huge fan of the last one though, the shadows are kinda janky.

https://sharex.realexoctic.xyz/images/uVjEWBMEqP.mp4
Made a refill system using ProximityPrompts, I’m quite proud of how it turned out

18 Likes

Lookin’ good!

I just have one issue with it, when the bar reaches the end of the circle, it just goes straight down. I would remove that, as I was confused if you picked it up for 0.01 of a second. :sweat_smile:

Regardless, it’s your creation, not mine. Do what you desire.

That’s a very nice build for your first model! However, I noticed that the red cushion corner is looking a bit strange.
:point_down:
Diner Build_LI

2 Likes

Quick teaser before III, here’s 2.5 of Iclyn’s Theme.

Briefly fixed for wrong notes in the end.

8 Likes

A game for 2020 Holiday Developer Game Jam

Christmas Awaits

Scary horror type of game. You’re stuck in a dream. You wake up in the middle of a cabin in the woods. The objective: Get home before christmas.

:ramen:

19 Likes

Some music for my game. This one is gonna be the lobby music. I’m pretty new to composing but I very much enjoy it.

Edit: I finished the song. This will be the version that’s gonna be imported.

Feedback is appreciated.

6 Likes

What site did you use to make it, other than that its really good

1 Like

Oh wow thank you. I used BandLab to make the song.