See What's Coming in 2018: This Year's Developer Roadmap

Hey Developers,

As the developer community continues to grow, it is important for the Roblox platform to be transparent about upcoming features on our current roadmap. Similar to release notes, we are now making our road map via the Developer Portal. The current version of this roadmap is not meant to be comprehensive but it is to give you an idea of the major features that we are planning for this year. Over the course of the year we will continue to add to this and we will continue posting new announcements on the Developer Forum in order to ensure communication with the developers is echoed throughout all channels available.

Here you can find the Developer Roadmap:

Please keep in mind that our goal is to provide you with the best updates possible. On occasion, bugs or technical complications may cause us to move the release dates to make sure we’re shipping features to improve the greater Roblox experience.

204 Likes

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK THEME

edited because the previous post looked like spam
Also want to clarify that I in fact, despite hyping this, do NOT use dark theme on either Studio or the DevForum.

29 Likes

YES!! THANK YOU!!

41 Likes

You had me at dark theme. Thank you very much.

12 Likes

WHAT – did I miss something ;-;

27 Likes

PERFECT!

23 Likes

So Discord links will be allowed for 13+ users then? That’s what the roadmap says but they’re currently banned across the site.

17 Likes

inb4 remove discord ban pls

8 Likes

Discord links!!! Whattt

5 Likes

Dark… theme… my eyes can finally rest…

14 Likes

Social Media Links
Developers can specify up to 3 different social community links on the game page including Discord, Twitter etc. for 13+ users.

DISCORD AND TWITTER! YOU LISTENED! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

party!!!

16 Likes

YES!

YES!

15 Likes

So many of these are awesome! Cant wait :slight_smile:

3 Likes

YEE HAW

7 Likes

These links will only be specifically allowed on the Games Page. You will be given the ability to display a social link there which is only visible to 13+ users.

To clarify, this will be a setting under your game which then displays the link here for 13+ users.
Example:

30 Likes

im squealing so much, these updates are SO GOOD

bless the engineers

11 Likes

I love this!! I was really hoping to see a group page revamp but this is really really amazing, thank you so much!

11 Likes

awesome changes! i’m looking forward to using them myself and seeing how the rest of you use them :relaxed:

2 Likes

YAY real-time CSG! This will really speed up my process with

Composing Specifically for Games

12 Likes

very cool

1 Like