[CLOSED (2/2)] | Skilled & Experienced UI Designer | GameDevSky

GameDevSky - UI Designer

image DevForum Profile | image Sky.#7720

Hi, I’m Sky, an avid & experienced UI designer. I would say I have came to the professional/skilled level after designing UI for quite a bit of time now. I have been on the Roblox platform for over 2 years now and I have been UI designing for 9 months now. I am also an avid UX designer who is trying to improve his skills when it comes to UX design and enhance his skills on UI design.

I am an avid beginner programmer who is also learning Roblox Lua programming.

I’ve worked with @DarkHouseRBLX, @SystematicMess, @fulljonathan, @JonathanAviation, @Zivao, @RuizuKun_Dev, @Junoful, @MrGalaretka, @Ryanthemudkip, and am also working with a few others now too.

I’ve also QA tested for a game called Knightfall created by @SingleSided and @FireExodus. I am additionally also working on a game as a QA tester called “Octopus” created by @Wrathsong. This is my portfolio.

Questions For You
  • How many user interfaces are you needing for your game?
  • What style are you going for? (e.g. cartoony, modern)
  • Is there a time frame, and if so, when would you like the UIs finished?
Terms of Service

At least 15% down payment is required before I start your commission.

If you don’t need a full set of UI, I may take your commission. We can negotiate a price.

No refunds.

I must be accredited for my work.

I do not do UI design commissions for free.

When contacting me, have payment and specifications ready.

Also, I will only be taking 1-2 commissions at a time, as school has started for me.

I also cannot work everyday on commission-related projects. I will mainly work on these type of projects on the weekends and perhaps on the weekdays due to school and other things. Those “other things” have been mentioned on the “Availability” section of my portfolio here. Please view that specific section as it has clear and concise information about my availability when it comes to commission-related projects.

Projects

Sector 27

Sector 27 is a futuristic game founded by @Ryanthemudkip.

• Skill Level: Beginner
  • Project: Long-Term

I was in this project from March and I resigned working on this project on June.

I’ve done 70-75% of all the game UI in this game.

Game link:

Sector 27 - Roblox

Time Travel Simulator

Time Travel Simulator is a simulator game founded by @MrGalaretka.

• Skill Level: Beginner
  • Project: Long-Term

I started working on this project on March and I resigned my position as UI designer for this game on June.

I did basically all the UI in the game (except icons which were created by @TOFOXN). I believe things have changed now and some UIs have been redesigned by @MrGalaretka and @TOFOXN, but I believe some UIs I did are still in the game.

Keep in mind that this projects were done when I was a beginner. Even though I became an intermediate UI designer by May, I did not need to design any UIs at all for both of these games at the intermediate skill level.

Game link:

Time Travel Simulator [CLOSED😥] - Roblox

Knightfall

Knightfall is a game created by @SingleSided and @FireExodus. I was a game tester for this game from the end of March to mid July.

Game link:

Knightfall RPG - Roblox

Commission for @DarkHouseRBLX

I also have done a commission for @DarkHouseRBLX.

• Skill Level: Intermediate
  • Project: Commission-based

It took me about 1 week to complete this commission. This commission was done at the end of May and was completed by the first week of June.

Celesta Studios

Celesta Studios is a group created and founded by @Junoful.

• Skill Level: Advanced
  • Duration: Short-Term

This project is now discontinued.

Group link:

Celesta Studios - Roblox

Application Systems

Applications Systems is a work in-progress application system. There are quite a bit of things already done for this such as their website (https://appsystems.co/) and a few other things.

Skill Level: Skilled
Project: Commission-based

Group link:

Application Systems - Official Group - Roblox

Haus of Hearts

Haus of Hearts is another project I’ve worked for. This is a RDPR type of game founded by @fulljonathan.

Group link:

Haus of Heart - Roblox

Cortadó

Cortadó is a group owned by @Zivao. The main game name is Cortadó Juice Bar. This game is a juice bar type of game that has similarities to restaurant and café games on the Roblox platform.

It took me less than a week (around 4 days) to complete this commission.

Group link:

Cortadó - Roblox

Vinns Hotels & Resorts

Vinns Hotels & Resorts is a game created by @JonathanAviation. This game is a hotels/resorts type of game on the Roblox platform.

Game link:

[NEW UPDATE!] Hotel RP! 🌴 Vinns Hotels and Resort - Roblox

Work

Note: I didn’t make any of the icons in these examples. I will point out if I have made the icon(s) on a UI design I’ve done. I can make some icons myself, but not all. If you are looking for icons, I may not be able to design all the icons you would like.

Redesign Mockup UIs For Other Games/Conceptual UI

Note: These UIs that have been designed are not commissioned UI designs. These UI designs were designed by me during my free time for fun.

Here’s the UI mockups I redesigned for the game “Boba Café”, a game created by @Flez_ent:

I also redesigned some UI mockups for the game “Vinns Application Center” which is a game created by @JonathanAviation.

Here’s how the UI mockups I redesigned look like:

Here’s some UI mockups I designed conceptually based of their game’s logo. This game is titled “Delights Bakery”, an upcoming game created by @HS_7.

Here’s how the UI mockups I redesigned look like:

Here’s the UI mockups I redesigned for the game “Venti Café”:

This game was created by @Vitalious.

Here’s the menu I redesigned (as a sample to apply for the position) Strucid UI (this game has been created @PhoenixSigns. I did not get hired for this, but it was fun to design):

Strucid concept UI. Logo and render not made by me. UI imported into Roblox Studio. Render can be found in this post: Roblox Renders | Free to use

The credit goes to @Flamindy for the render.

Here’s a demo place I have created for this which has the Strucid UI imported and scaled to fit and be compatible for all devices (here’s the link): Strucid Concept UI - Roblox

Here’s a conceptual meeting UI I designed:

Here’s how the UIs I designed look like for the User Interface off on the Hidden Developers Discord server (the concept was to integrate the Hidden Developers Marketplace onto the Roblox website):

Here’s some conceptual cartoony UI I designed:

Here’s some conceptual web designs I did for my portfolio (not actually releasing a website (yet, perhaps I may soon) for my portfolio with these certain web designs):

(For this webpage, I would need to update this bit as I have been designing (as of now (October 13, 2020 when I am typing this out), I have been UI designing for 8+ months now).

Commissions

I have done several commission throughout my UI design journey.

Here’s the Twitter link to view all of my UIs I designed for an application center UI design commission I did (it is an upcoming application center created by @SystematicMess): https://twitter.com/GameDevSky1/status/1299113243814879241

Here’s the DevForum post on this to see how the UI looks like imported, scaled, organized, and labeled: [CLOSED (2/2)] | Skilled & Experienced UI Designer | GameDevSky - #7 by GameDevSky

Here is a commission I’ve done for @fulljonathan and their group called “Haus of Hearts” (the UI hasn’t been put into the main place yet. I mean the game when I say “main place” by the way. The main place (game) is called “RuPaul’s Drag Race | HOH”). Here’s how the UI looks like:

Here’s the DevForum post on this to see how the UI looks like imported, scaled, organized, and labeled: [CLOSED (2/2)] | Skilled & Experienced UI Designer | GameDevSky - #13 by GameDevSky

I also have done a commission for @Zivao. Here’s how the UIs looks for the UI design commission I did for @Zivao’s game, Cortadó:

Here’s the DevForum post on this to see how the UI looks like imported, scaled, organized, and labeled: [CLOSED (2/2)] | Skilled & Experienced UI Designer | GameDevSky - #20 by GameDevSky

Here’s a UI I did for the game “Vinns Hotels and Resorts”, a game created by @JonathanAviation.The User Interface was tweaked/changed a little once given to him (I did not make the changes/tweaks), but I did a few tweaks/changes/implementations to the UI to polish the UI.

Here’s the UI I originally designed for the game:

Here’s the DevForum post on this to see how the UI looks like imported, scaled, organized, and labeled: [CLOSED (2/2)] | Skilled & Experienced UI Designer | GameDevSky - #24 by GameDevSky

Here’s the UI that got tweaked/changed a bit, but then I did a few tweaks/changes/implementations to polish the UI:

The UI is scaled to be compatible with all devices.

Tutorials & Resources

As of now, I currently have 2 tutorials and 1 UI open-sourced template (resource) that I am working on, so 2 tutorials (1 has not been fully completed, but has been released with a few parts of the tutorial completed, and another tutorial fully completed) I have worked on and released as community tutorials on the Roblox Developer Forums.

Here’s the UI I am working on for the open-sourced template:

You may see a few things off, but everything will be organized, scaled, and labeled once the User Interfaces get imported into Roblox.

You may see a few things off, but everything will be organized, scaled, and labeled once the User Interfaces get imported into Roblox.

Here are the two tutorials I have worked on (one is still in progress by the way):

User Interfaces | Chapter 1

User Interfaces | Chapter 2 (Currently In Progress. Chapter 1.4 Out!)

I also have a YouTube channel that has Roblox-related content uploaded to the channel (Roblox game development tutorials, things I’m working on in terms of Roblox game development, Roblox gameplay content and more to come soon!). Here’s the link to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXgTgXUnIDMd4RtQgPDISFQ?view_as=subscriber

Roblox Game Project

I am also currently working on a Roblox game with my friends and I have released a Discord server for this as well as a DevBlog for my overall development journey with things that have to do with my project me and my friends are working on.

If you’d like to join the Roblox group, here’s the link to it: Dyanamic Games - Roblox

If you’d like to join the Discord server, here’s the server invite link: A.G. Productions

Here’s the DevBlog DevForum topic link: My Development Journey - GameDevSky's DevBlog

As school has started for me, I cannot do commission-related projects everyday. Neither do I develop/design as much as I did back a few months ago (it was Summer, so no school, which meant Summer vacation, so I had more time to spend on development/design.

I am focusing on learning more when it comes to programming and possibly a few other development and/or design fields. I also have other activities too, and I’m busy with things IRL too.

I would say I can mainly do development/design on commission-related projects 2-3 days a week. I may be able to work on commission-related projects during the weekdays, but I may not.

I have a project I’m working on with my team as well so I am also busy with this project as well as school and other things I’ve mentioned above.

How many hours can I work? Well, that depends. Virtual schooling means I have to spend a quarter of my day on the computer.

I will not develop/design as much as I do on weekends. Some days have an exception though on the weekdays. I could have a half day or no school on certain days on the weekdays.

When it comes to payment, I accept Robux only, but I will not take percentages unless I also get Robux payment with the percentage. My rates are negotiable

My Prices

Basic Plan | For a full set of non-imported UI, you get…

• Full set of UI
  • Source file (with the source file, you can make edits to the UI yourself if you’d like after the commission is done) or .png (.svg files can be given, but I don’t believe you can insert images properly with .svg files in Roblox Studio) files for you to start assembling the UI right away (It is preferred to do the second way I have mentioned, but therefore, I can give the source file though.)

Starting at 3,500 Robux

Premium Plan | For imported and scaled UI you get…

• All of the things from the basic plan
  • Imported and scaled UI (scaled UI is basically UI that is scaled to fit all devices and be compatible with all devices) + when I import the UI for you, I organize & label the UIs imported.

Starting at 5,000 Robux

Note: Organization and labeling will be done even if I do not import the UI for you (I can’t really organize the .png files to you other than labeling them nicely, so you would have to do the organization yourself when you are importing the UI if you chose the basic plan. I can organize and label things properly and neatly with the source file, but you would still have to organize and label once you import the UI yourself.

These plans apply for a full set of UI. If you would like to just get a few UIs from me, just contact me and we can negotiate a price

image: Sky.#7720
image: @GameDevSky

Please reply to my portfolio topic right here or message me privately through the DevForums with your Discord username and tag. Please let me know your offer for payment, specifications, and be able to pay at least 15% of the whole payment upfront when contacting me. You may let me know these details through Discord or the Roblox Developer Forums.

Also, please note that if you send me a friend request randomly and you are not in an mutual server I have or have any mutual friend, I will not accept your friend request. If you don’t have any mutual server(s) or mutual friend(s), contact me through the DevForums with your Discord username and tag so I know it is you that is contacting me.

Thank you for reading. Have a great rest of your day. :slight_smile:

Commission Status: :red_circle:

20 Likes

Hey sky! Your portfolio looks great, my only concern is the 50% down payment that may be scaring away potential employers. I recommend lowering to maybe 15%, what I like to do is creating a small demo on a seperate place that you own.

7 Likes

Amazing person to work with.
I haven’t technically worked with him yet but as a fellow UI Designer, I had to ask some stuff I didn’t know that he might know, and he helped me with a couple of stuff about UI Designing, he is polite and chill. Overall you won’t regret working with him.

1 Like

Hello everyone.I’ve revamped my portfolio. My commissions are open. Contact me via DevForums or via Discord at GameDevSky#7720 if you would like to commission me. We can discuss through Discord or via DevForums. I prefer to be contacted through the DevForums first before Discord, but Discord is also fine.

When contacting me, please have payment and specifications ready. Read the “Terms of Service” and “Questions for You” sections to get the information you need for payment and specifications. Also, read the payment section to see my rates for my UI design commissions.

I may not accept your commission if it is a bit big, but contact me still via DevForums or via Discord.

Thank you and have a great rest of your day everyone. :slight_smile:

Here’s also a demo place I’ve created to see my strucid concept UI imported and scaled to fit all devices. Here is the place link:

I really like your work! Keep it up, bookmarking this when i need a UI designer

1 Like

Hello everyone. I’ve recently completed a commission for @SystematicMess. You can check out the UI designs on a Twitter post I did. Here’s the tweet: https://twitter.com/GameDevSky1/status/1299113243814879241

Here’s one UI imported and scaled to fit all devices (I can’t show all of the UIs for this commission imported and scaled for all devices because there’s a lot of UIs for this commission. About 15 whole screens, so I’ll just be showing one screen imported and scaled to fit all devices to show that the UI has been imported and scaled correctly):

Applications UI imported:

Applications UI on mobile:

Applications UI on iPad:

Applications UI on computer:

Applications UI on VGA (VGA is also a computer, but it has a much different resolution):

Applications UI on console:

Organization and labeling:

Have a great rest of your day everyone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You have good UI examples but I would suggest removing the “UX” part from your title, if you were experienced in this field then you’d be able to understand basic contrast.

The very light green on plain white text just isn’t very user friendly, I would suggest running your foreground and background colours through this website:
https://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/

I’d also recommend this UX tutorial by @va1kio, it helps alot.
UX Workaround 101

Hello. Thank you for pointing that out. I’ve been thinking about fixing this bit, but I haven’t yet. I will be fixing this bit soon but I will not be removing the “UX” part of the title of my portfolio because if you look through my other examples, I have applied basic contrast rules already to my other examples.

Have a great rest of your day. :slight_smile:

Hello @GameDevSky,
I’m would like to let you know I am contacting you now on Discord. Feel free to add me back and I will talk about it.

Thanks,
YouFoundC_lby

Hi everyone. Commissions are now closed. Please contact me via DevForums if you are interested in hiring me. I am willing to discuss, but I cannot take on another commission for sometime.

I’ve just had my UI from GameDevSky made and it looks great! The fact that he managed to make it off of literally nothing is amazing. For 10,000R$ I thought that was quite good for what was made. He was very polite, kind and helpful the whole way through.

I would recommend.

1 Like

Hello everyone. :wave:

I’ve recently completed a commission for @fulljonathan. Here’s how the UI looks like:

Here’s the Twitter post: https://twitter.com/GameDevSky1/status/1304487594101743620

P.S. There are a few more UIs that have a few small changes on them. Here’s the wigs UI imported and scaled to fit all devices:

Accessories UI imported and scaled to fit all devices:

Mobile:

iPad:

Computer:

VGA (it is a computer, but the resolution is a bit different than other computers):

Console:

Note: The icons have not been made by me and most icons have been given to me by @fulljonathan. Like the hair icons on the “Wigs” part of the main menu UI, those icons have been given to me, as well as all the icons on the “Accessories” part of the main menu UI.

1 Like

Looking good, how much did he pay for it (out of curiosity).

1 Like

Game is a remarkable UI designer and I’m very glad that I hired him for one of my projects. I gave him references to go by and he went above and beyond with the commission! Very reasonable prices. He also keeps you updated with the progress in case you’d like anything changed. Would 100% hire him again and would absolutely recommend him to anyone who needs a UI designer. Him being able to successfully import his UI’s is a plus as well! Thank you once again, Game!

1 Like

I have recently been commissioned by @RuizuKun_Dev to import, scale, and adjust his UIs for his game. Here are a few UIs I have imported:

Note: Icons and other assets such as those close buttons on the UIs were given to me by @RuizuKun_Dev. Also, please note that some of the colors here may look a bit color blinding, but the colors were not chosen by me.

There are many more UIs that were already imported, but just needed to either be scaled, labeled correctly based of the naming guideline I was given, or just needed an adjustment necessary, like changing the layout.

Here’s a few screenshots of the organizing and labeling I did:

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 11.54.28

Your portfolio title intrigues me.

Hi there @va1kio. I’ll be fixing these mistakes soon. For the “WISHING FOUNTAIN” text and the “TAB” text button, those colors were not chosen by me. I’ve asked the client about the text for “WISHING FOUNTAIN” text as this was applied on some other UIs already imported into his place. I did not design that, but I have pointed that out to the client who has commissioned me for importing, scaling, and adjusting his UIs in his game.

As for the other UIs, most of them you’ve pointed out have been made in mid July to mid August. While I do have experience in UX design, I still have to check my color contrasts. Sometimes, I don’t, and this mistake happens. I’ve removed the “UX” part of my portfolio as of now and I may be adding it back soon, depending on if I continue making these mistakes with contrasts.

Thank you for pointing these mistakes out though. I’ll be more focused about my color picking.

Have a great rest of your day. :slight_smile:

-GameDevSky

Hey everyone! Hope you all are doing well! I’ve very recently done a commission for @Zivao and his game, Cortadó. Here’s how the UI looks like:

There are two other UIs that I haven’t shown, but those UIs will be shown in the main game. Keep in mind that these UIs have not been transferred to the main game yet, but they have been imported and scaled to fit all devices.

Here’s how one of the UIs look like imported and scaled to fit all devices (I also will be showing some of the organization and labeling I did for this commission):

Main menu UI imported:

Scaling

Mobile:

iPad:

Desktop:

VGA:

Xbox:

Note: This is just some of the organization and labeling. I have not shown every single UI imported and scaled as well as have I not shown every single UI’s organization and labeling.

I am now also able to share the source file with clients and I am also able to share the .rbxm file with you if that is preferred over me putting UI into your game with either sharing the place with me or adding me to team create. If it is preferred, then I can just design the UI and give you the source file to import the UI, or just give you the .png files of the UI elements to assemble when importing the UI. My commissions are still closed as of now.

Cortadó

Cortadó is a group owned by @Zivao. The main game name is Cortadó Juice Bar. This game is a juice bar type of game that has similarities to restaurant and café games on the Roblox platform.

It took me less than a week (around 4 days) to complete this commission.

Group link:

Twitter post: https://twitter.com/GameDevSky1/status/1308829143098961923

Have a great rest of your day everyone! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, I love the all of the UI’s! I think my favorite is the strucid one! Keep up the great work!

1 Like