Developer Awards! Phase 2: Virtual Items

I kind of expected that people not getting the crowns would of been fixed by now. People like myself have reported this back in May or so (and still haven’t got it, and likely never will due to changes made to the requirements in the Summer/Autumn):

And yet, I still see many people complaining here about not getting it (and they met the requirements).

When will this be fixed, and when is it likely to be seeing the solution to people cheating to get the crowns? Roblox’s only solution is a manual approval system, you can’t do automatic due to cheating (or if you were doing it Studio access only, not all developers of a game always have Studio access).

edit: the solution is pretty flawed anyways, people are still able to cheat through botting/advertising their game etc

6 Likes

I really hope one of these comes back
please roblox get these back we devs would love that

8 Likes

So does that mean no more Developer Longsword codes will be given away?

2 Likes

Longsword is related to Phase 1, they still give them away

2 Likes

Ok but a question:
We can still get the MAU crowns?

1 Like

No. This has been mentioned multiple times. The crowns have been discontinued for a while now, both the applications and the automated system.

2 Likes

has anyone reached illumina ever?
Because from what I interpreted it to mean, it means you need 1 billion monthly active users which roblox as a platform doesn’t have

3 Likes

Nobody owns it, it’s just a bit of future-proofing, so that when (if) a game does reach that, there’s an award for it.

2 Likes

When you email roblox support, they still state that it is active, and you need to contact devawards via email for any further questions. However devawards has not been replying.

That is probably an automated reply or a misinformed member. This is not uncommon for Roblox. Take a look at this reply by a Roblox staff member on this topic. He basically says that they have been discontinued.

Yes probably, however it says that the prize will only be granted to the owner of the experience. I am the owner and the game is published under my profile, however I have not received the award and it’s been 6-8 months.

Like I said before, the automated system has been disabled as well. Roblox suspended THE ENTIRE system because of this, and I don’t think they’ll ever be bothered to try to re-implement it.

the forum to the crown is expired

i send the email to me i guess they said I hope this email finds you well. Thank you for reaching out regarding the dev awards. The crowns are going out in waves as stated in the devforum post Developer Awards! Phase 2: Virtual Items. It is going to take time to award everyone their crowns. Please be patient as we allocate everyone their much deserved crowns.

Thank you!

1 Like

they might send me one but i not to sure?

I have stated this again and again, and since you are the last reply (and the first people will see), I will state it again. The developer awards program has been SUSPENDED. This was mentioned by Roblox staff Missimo93 on the 676th reply, which can be found here:

This is NOT limited to the forms, but to the automated system as well. The entire crown reward program has been suspended because of people abusing both the forms and visits to earn crowns, making it unfair for everyone. Many people have reached out with email to support but never got a response back, and some got a response back that said that the program was suspended. That being said, there is no “wait for the next wave” as there will be no next wave. As for the continuation of this program, I do not believe that Roblox will bother trying to fix it any time soon. For those who were expecting a crown, I am sorry to tell you, but you are not getting one, at least not any time soon. I stated my distress in the following reply if you are interested in reading it:

Either way, knowing Roblox and how they handle this stuff, I don’t expect this program to ever be continued at all, but we will see.

2 Likes

I reached 1k MAU in September and still no crowns. I’ve constantly emailed support and got a copypaste response telling me to wait. What is the point of a support email if you’re just going to tell everyone the same thing and not fix anything? How long does this take? I spent 4k on ads, this is silly.

1 Like

A co-dev added my name into the survey to receive a crown in JULY, I should have gotten the 100 MAU crown of OS long ago, but I still haven’t. I love Roblox

1 Like

Can you still get the hats or not ?

In order to avoid repeating myself and spamming the same thing over and over, please look at the this reply:

If anyone else is here to ask if the crowns are still distributed, the answer is no. Roblox suspended this program while back and haven’t given us any updates.